Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LED headlights!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is a low-beam shot - driver's side is standard halogen, passenger side is the LED.

And here is high beam.

The building in the picture is quite a ways off from where the car is parked. It looks to be a nice beam pattern, much better than what you end up with if you put HID lamps in stock housings.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (03-07-2015),Daox (03-06-2015),satria_wr (03-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered the LED's for the car just now. Procycle is typically pretty awesome about shipping, so I will have them next week.

I put the bulb into the motorcycle, along with the LED signals. I already had an LED brake light. The headlight seems slightly brighter than the HID that was in it, and a much better pattern. (The HID solenoid had failed, and I was stuck with low beams.) The signals are bright and attention-grabbing, always good when you're on a bike. I wish the Mirage had a simpler electrical system so I could do the same to it, think of the wattage I'd save if I changed every bulb out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    if you can, please take a picture with the lights hitting a wall, maybe half a car-length away.

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    looks to me the LED bulb makes a big difference...I am sold on this product!

Cheaper than an HID kit! The LED looks super bright!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LED's are supposed to be here today. I have the light for my bike mounted, and honestly it's as bright or brighter than the HID it replaced. Take that with a grain of salt however, the HID that was in the bike had been submerged, dropped numerous times, and spent at least 14,000 miles vibrating around on a single-cylinder bike. So it wasn't in the best of condition.

I rode the bike Sunday night with the new light in it, and it's different - there isn't a huge difference between high and low beam, because the low beam always stays on - high beam just kicks on two more LED's. There is a total of four, a pair in the approximate position occupied by the low beam and high beam filament in a halogen lamp. I had no problem seeing down the road with one headlight at 75-80 mph on a completely unlit 2 lane highway.

To be honest, it looks like the headlight housing in the mirage is designed better than the housing on my DR650. I think the lights will have a much better pattern in the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the lights installed, and it's now dark.

Wow. Just... wow. They are aimed so well that I don't think I could improve much by fiddling with the housings. And they are BRIGHT. I have pics of the install, I think I will make a thread.

If you want HID-like light without having to install HID ballasts, and having to install projectors, this is the way to go. A pair of them was $129 shipped from procycle. 3800 lumen each. Totally plug and play.

They're weird when you turn them on. Halogens take just a split second to warm up, but it's noticeable. No delay on these lights. Just SLAM - daylight. Lights up deer, mailboxes, road signs, cats, anything on the side of the road.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Here is the install DIY write up. Thanks Tinker1980!

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...dlight-install
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    nice! i gotta get these.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Just waiting for mine to arrive, should be here next week....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321618950...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by laceygirl; 08-22-2015 at 06:34 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)