Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LED headlights!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I use them 4 months ago, tried 2 different brand and type. It's nice and white but light output of a HID Xenon is a bit more than the LED

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    I use them 4 months ago, tried 2 different brand and type. It's nice and white but light output of a HID Xenon is a bit more than the LED

For a normal LED light, you are absoluetly right. LED lights for the most part do put out a significant amount of light to allow people to see you, but not enough light to actually use to see by compared to an HID setup. But once you move away from the basic LED lights and get into the high wattage LED lights that use heat sinks and fans to keep the bulb cool, they are a different animal!

You also can't really compare the Lumen output on a flashlight to the Lumen output on a headlight. A flashlight is more of a spot light where the light is VERY focused while a headlight LED bulb is more of a flood light. Because of this, a 700 Lumen flashlight will be able to light up objects farther away than a 700 Lumen LED headlight. This is why you really need a VERY powerful LED light if you are going to use it for a headlight in a car.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thank goodness I bought good ones, with fans and heatsinks... :-) Mine also have a 2 year warranty, I thought that was pretty good... Hopefully they will be here today...

And they just arrived...

Name:  IMG_2967.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  90.7 KB

Rightio, I've installed them and I love them... Very easy to do....
    Last edited by laceygirl; 08-25-2015 at 12:46 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I installed LED light on mine and I noticed some problem with my radio reception when lit.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    I have both LED and HID on different car and LED isn't interior in any way. HID is rated at 2400 LED at 3000 lumen output.

The issue we ran into some LEDs had bad filament location so there was an issue with beam focus and low/high separation.

No radio reception issues that I am aware of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Was wondering if anyone could let me know if these would be a good bet to make the led switch:
    https://www.amazon.com/Evitek-LED-He...3AFP6MR3DF26SR

Thanks in advance for your time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I haven't used LEDs for headlights so I can't speak from my experience. Sorry. The ones you refer to have some very favorable reviews. Let us know how they work for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool I'll give em a shot but in terms of 40 watts, 4500 lumens, and H4(9003) fitting it should at least work despite how good the performance is right? Sorry I know it's a stupid question, I'm a bit of a car noob but I'm working on it lol. This is my second car and the first one that I actually feel like is worth investing some money in.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Not sure, what is the warranty on those? I'm asking because the set we got from Amazon burned out in less then 6mo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)