Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LED headlights!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    That looks nice.. I see its a new design.. Hmmm

Edit:
    Found another one of those mini projectors. Looks better construction and reviews show the beam pattern and not 3 color ones.

PHP 917.89 35%OFF | H4 LED Bulb with Mini Projector Lens H4 LED Conversion Kit 20000LM Automobiles Hi/Lo Beam LED Headlight Bulbs 12V 24V 6000K
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/CmaN1gla

Last edited by bosbik; 11-03-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I am on the brink of getting some hlxg led h4s.. Just noticed some bulbs have 72watts per pair some 50watts..which ones do I get?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    50w is plenty. I bought these for $70 4 years ago, price has dropped significantly since. These don't have the radio buzz some LEDs allegedly produce.
    LED headlights
    That's how they look compared to standard halogens. Low beams on top, high beams on bottom.

I tried installing them in my Mirage. Didn't throw any error codes and with the crystal clear lenses were wonderful for nighttime visibility. However I was unable to get the rubber dustguards back on when I put the LEDs in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

bosbik (11-29-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    50w is plenty. I bought these for $70 4 years ago, price has dropped significantly since. These don't have the radio buzz some LEDs allegedly produce.
    LED headlights
    That's how they look compared to standard halogens. Low beams on top, high beams on bottom.

I tried installing them in my Mirage. Didn't throw any error codes and with the crystal clear lenses were wonderful for nighttime visibility. However I was unable to get the rubber dustguards back on when I put the LEDs in.
    How is the beam pattern on those?
    I plan to get some from aliexpress since they come in cheaper. The reason i asked if 72w will work is because the good ones i see are mostly 72.
    Oh and are those csp chips?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had never heard of csp before but based on quick research I believe mine are. Not sure about the beam pattern. Never tested it.

If you'd rather get 72w go for it.

The case for 48w to me is:
    -They are plenty bright
    -72w produces more heat, heat kills LEDs
    -Assuming 100% energy conversion as the alternator keeps the battery topped always: 48v vs 72v less saves you a litre of gas every 400 hours of operation.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bosbik View Post
    I am on the brink of getting some hlxg led h4s.. Just noticed some bulbs have 72watts per pair some 50watts..which ones do I get?
    Regardless of the type and model, most LED H4's are of the bright/cool white variety.

I'd recommend that you focus your selection criteria on the color temperature rather than on the watts rating as LEDs are brighter than halogens in general. Find models that fall in the 4000-5000K color temperature range.

If you have access to Mirage Pilipinas, here's the link for my explanation.
    https://www.miragepilipinas.com/Thre...-on-headlights

Should you stick w/ the decision to buy the cool whites, however, you have to change your fog lights into yellow ones.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

bosbik (11-30-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    Regardless of the type and model, most LED H4's are of the bright/cool white variety.

I'd recommend that you focus your selection criteria on the color temperature rather than on the watts rating as LEDs are brighter than halogens in general. Find models that fall in the 4000-5000K color temperature range.

If you have access to Mirage Pilipinas, here's the link for my explanation.
    https://www.miragepilipinas.com/Thre...-on-headlights

Should you stick w/ the decision to buy the cool whites, however, you have to change your fog lights into yellow ones.
    Thanks for that. I was wondering how the additional wattage would affect the car electrical system. I am looking into getting 5k 72w hlxg h4's since they are on sale in aliexpress

Unfortunately my email address/account got banned for some reason.. Maybe for being dormant... So i cannot access mph

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bosbik View Post
    Unfortunately my email address/account got banned for some reason.. Maybe for being dormant... So i cannot access mph
    Does MPH charge fees for access?

Out of curiosity, I tried to browse that forum but was unable to see much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Does MPH charge fees for access?

Out of curiosity, I tried to browse that forum but was unable to see much.
    I have no idea.. Was actually surprised i got banned.
    I have also been thinking on a bi-led projector but I am concered on the weight. The threaded mount will surely stress out the h4 mount and reflector and could fail..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    After two weeks or so of LED use I must say they are amazing. I really prefer the cool white light, it seems to increase the contrast greatly. You can have gobs and gobs of watts but without contrast they mean nothing.

The pattern of my LEDs is perfect. I have incredible high beam range and amazing full road low beam coverage. I couldn't be happier.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Basic (12-02-2019)