Thread: LED headlights!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

LED headlights!

So, for those who may not know, I'm into motorcycles. One of my motorcycles is a suzuki dr650, a big road legal dirt bike.

I bought a new set of lights for it from www.procycle.us. I have led signals, and an LED bulb waiting to be installed.

Out of curiosity I looked at the headlights of my Mirage. We use 9003 bulbs in our cars, and the H4 bulb for the Suzuki fits it and plugs right in!. The car doesn't seem to freak out about the light, even with one led and one halogen. The light is supposed to be equivalent to 100 watts on high beam, but uses only 20 watts. Supposed to be a 3600 lumen led.

These lights are $65 each, and when you plug in the bulb and turn the lights on, it will blind you in broad daylight. Put the bulb in the housing, and it's directed properly. So this looks like a cheap way to get some led lights. I will get pictures later, and make sure the led fits on both sides.

EDIT: closer inspection reveals that YES! This led headlamp fits both sides with little trouble, bright and dim both work, even the rubber rain guards that fit on the back of the mirage bulbs fit the leds. I want to check the beam pattern at night, and if it's all good I will order two more of them tomorrow and do a write up on the install.
    Last edited by Tinker1980; 03-05-2015 at 10:18 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

Cani Lupine (03-05-2015),davidricardo86 (03-11-2015),DirectNova (03-06-2015),fatcat (03-05-2015),strawboss (07-01-2016),tomrad (07-23-2016)