Thread: Suzuki Celerio v Mitsubishi Mirage : Comparison review (Australia)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Suzuki Celerio v Mitsubishi Mirage : Comparison review (Australia)

Here is a link to a comparison of the new Suzuki Celerio and the Mitsu Mirage here in Australia.
    Snobs are not welcome here. Through the ages micro cars that are slammed by many as uninspiring tin cans on wheels have actually afforded their owners the best of simple pleasures.
    Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/335155/s...MeXtHdcqesZ.99

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-29-2016),MetroMPG (03-06-2015)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    A nice, balanced review. I'm not struck on the looks of the Celerio, or the fact that over here the automatic option is an AMT, rather than a CVT, but I would like to have a poke about one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

I thought the Mirage's styling looked, well, dated when it came out. Next to the Celerio, it looks downright futuristic! Purely subjective, of course.

For fun: an Australian reference in this article that I did not get: "King Island double cream"

What!... this is a bit of a bombshell:

"the Volkswagen Up! ... was recently dropped from the local range due to its manual-only unpopularity."
    Overall it seemed like a fair review to me.

Compared with its rival the Suzuki Celerio simple feels more substantial and well finished, is roomier and more comfortable both in its (four) seats and suspension, and is easier to park and more fun to drive. All our testers found it filling and enjoyable … a bit like a meal of few, simple ingredients rather than an indulgent one topped with double cream
    I'm intrigued by the differences in rated vs. observed fuel economy:

Mirage: 4.6 vs. 6.5
    Celerio: 4.8 vs. 5.8

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    The Celerio is a crappy car. I went to a Suzuki dealership to visit one it already had loose rubberstips in the showroom and the seats are very soft. Straight there after I went to testdrive a Mirage it,s in many ways a better car than the Suzuki more comfort and more mature car to drive.

The Celerio also has a outdated dash but it has some nice looking materials.

Be happy it won,t come to the N-A. It's predecessor atleast in Europe the Alto was a better car in many ways.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    wow some people are really ignorants!!! in the comments on the page, some users criticized the two cars and said that you could get a panda for less money and driveaway, really. In my country the panda base model costs as much as the mirage I bought full equipped and in the panda you dont even gewt a ****ing radio!!! insane

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)