Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Developing a MAF sensor housing for custom air intakes

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Yes, I certainly could. However, it would definitely be more expensive than an off the shelf one that you could get somewhere else. I just checked Amazon and you can get a 3 pod for $17 shipped. There is no way I can do it that cheap.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox,
    . . . . For the Mirage? I found ones for the Evos but not Mirages. Could you please provide the link?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is a universal single pillar gauge pod from Glowshift.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox,
    . . . . I am actually looking for a 3 pod in white to fit the Mirage A-Pillar and not a universal. I haven't been able to find one and I have looked that is why I asked if you could make one!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I searched really quickly and only found black. However, I did find this one for $17.

I would just grab a can of white spray paint and shoot it white.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox,
    . . . . It just won't work. I was looking at the profile and it is all wrong. What would you need to create an instrument pod? How much do you think it would cost? There might be others that would like to get them for their Mirages. No one is making them for the Mirage. I have looked.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can look into it. However, there would need to be more interest from others. Why don't you start a new thread and see if you can drum up interest from others?

It might hurt getting hit in the face by a bunch of gauges next time you get into an accident if the roor/a pillar airbag blows off lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins,
    . . . . There is no airbag in the A-Pillar. Yes the trim comes off when the side curtain air bag deploys but there is a strap that restrains the A-Pillar trim. The trim doesn't move very far.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

We need to test this first. For safety! Who's going first?

Actually, good point. If you're in an accident bad enough to be relying on those side airbags or any for that matter, a few extra pieces flying around are gonna be the least of your worries lol. I wouldn't go so far as gluing metal emblems on the steering wheel bag or a record player on the passenger side of the dash though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)