Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing a MAF sensor housing for custom air intakes

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Can't you just mount the filter in front of the intake manifold/alternator area? There are plenty of space there, and you can just add a bracket from the front around the existing radiator support to support the intake pipe, and the air is probably gonna be much cooler too once the car is moving. And you won't have any hood issue.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamezero View Post
    Can't you just mount the filter in front of the intake manifold/alternator area? There are plenty of space there, and you can just add a bracket from the front around the existing radiator support to support the intake pipe, and the air is probably gonna be much cooler too once the car is moving. And you won't have any hood issue.
    There are many designs with different effects, gains and losses, and I have already mapped my SRI and CAI designs. I'm just waiting for some free time to get back onto designing the final intake systems and getting some numbers dynoed out and such. Don't worry. I've got this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

gone.a (10-15-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Autosport View Post
    There are many designs with different effects, gains and losses, and I have already mapped my SRI and CAI designs. I'm just waiting for some free time to get back onto designing the final intake systems and getting some numbers dynoed out and such. Don't worry. I've got this.
    Nice. I am interested in the final product.

Suggestions:
    1) It'd be nicer if you can make the sensor mount "flatter" as in give it a lower profile.
    2) The 2 vertical bars in there, perhaps you can make them thinner or just make 1 horizontal bar instead

Thank you for your work and effort for this project.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamezero View Post
    Nice. I am interested in the final product.

Suggestions:
    1) It'd be nicer if you can make the sensor mount "flatter" as in give it a lower profile.
    2) The 2 vertical bars in there, perhaps you can make them thinner or just make 1 horizontal bar instead

Thank you for your work and effort for this project.
    Sorry, but the first is impossible. The profile of that mounting centres the sensor in the air stream. And as for the air fins you speak of, I can make them more aerodynamic at most, but risk changing the flow characteristic with even such a minor change, and therefore for the average person buying the intake it may risk the vehicle operating awkwardly. The car has already proven finicky in regards to it's sensor operations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Does this come with the lid? I want to modify my air box so that I can get a larger 2 to 3 inch pipe out and delete the stock inlet tube, I want the new inlet tube to be as close to the firewall as possible so I can build a hot air intake. With a larger diameter inlet tube it would also give that performance intake sound even with a stock filter, it would also allow me to use my stock air filter so I can keep receipts for warranty.
    you don't need a 3" intake, not even if you turbo, its a waste of time/money. just do 2" pipe and a decent brand filter and you are good to go, even if you turbo.

also, they already sell 3" maf sensor housing at your local autoparts store, you can easily get one, the issue is once you install it, your stock maf sensor will be sending readings it cannot comprehend to the motor, causing drive-ability issues that will be notice. however, if you go 3" with a tune, it will run fine.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Which way do the does the slotted end face on the maf that I just received from you? Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The slotted end goes on the filter end of the intake. They are there to straighten out the air before it passes through the MAF sensor.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi im Curious What Material these are printed with?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    They are printed in ABS.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox,
    . . . . Can you create an A-Pillar Gauge trim piece for the Mirage?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!