Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 prius vs mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    The purchase price of a Prius is (in the NL) 3 times higher than a Mirage. Simple math (I cannot perform complex math):
    Price difference: 27.575 (prius) - 8.990 (mirage) = 18.585 euro.
    Gas price = 1.55 per liter which means 18.585/1.55 = 11.990 liters
    Mirage drives averaging 1 liter for 20 km = 11.990 liters x 20 km = 239.800 km
    Instead of buying the prius with no gas, you can get a Mirage with enough gas for 239.800 km drive! Would you still even consider buying a prius? Robbing your own money?
    Years ago I did a calculation for figure out how high gas would have to go before it was cheaper for me to sell the vehicle I had at the time (A 1989 Chevy truck with a 5.7 and 5 speed, about 18mpg highway) and get a Prius with the payments, and higher insurance costs that would entail.

$17.55 was the answer I came up with. Gas would have to be $17.55 a gallon for it to be cheaper to buy a prius.

Of course, I should mention, at the time I lived six miles from work. I now live 30 miles from work, and it *IS* cheaper to buy and drive my mirage than it was to drive my 1995 Grand Cherokee.

My biggest complaint with the Prius is the hidden message that Toyota is telling everyone: "We could build a total electric car for a reasonable price. But we won't build that car, unless it has a gasoline engine in it."

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Wow uber a app for taxi services. That would be kinda cool to taxi people around for extra cash.
    when i was visiting russia you could wave down just about anybody in a car and for a few rubles they would drive you somewhere. don't believe the official narrative that EVERYTHING about russia is bad