View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1099

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    ...tech line called and wants the tech to realign the front because that was out of alignment as well and see if it brings the rear into alignment. He said after the alignment to send Mitsubishi the after alignment result.
    It sounds like your Mirage did not come from the factory with a proper front end alignment. Based on the alignment data owners have posted on this forum, it's rare that a new Mirage has all 4 wheels properly aligned. Your G4 is no different it seems.

Maybe they're hoping that by aligning the front wheels properly, it might reduce the amount of constant steering adjustment the car needs. A typical Mirage owner who doesn't read this forum might think that's a valid fix.

If your rear axle alignment is out of spec, no amount of front end adjustment will change that. But it might change the way the car steers (and it might actually 'feel' better to you driving). But that's a band-aid...not a fix. No matter what happens, just be sure to request a copy of the 4-wheel alignment readout from your dealer so you know what's going on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-09-2018)

Forum members are lucky to have you on top of this issue, Top_Fuel.

Mitsubishi? Maybe not so much!

I'd be watching your mirrors and over your shoulders for black Outlanders with tinted glass. :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metrompg View Post
    i'd be watching your mirrors and over your shoulders for black outlanders with tinted glass.
    Lol...

If FloridaG4's car really has a bad rear axle, I hope the guys at the tech line didn't actually say to align the front end and see if that helps the problem. Hopefully there was something lost in the translation by the Service Advisor. That reminds me of the crazy stuff they used to recommend early on to "fix" this problem...like re-torqing suspension bolts, etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Called the dealership today and the tech did a front end alignment which did NOT fix the rear alignment which I pretty much knew it wouldn’t. Tech had to call the Mitsubishi tech line again to report the findings. Waiting on the Tech line for the next remedy. Ill keep you guys posted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...tech did a front end alignment which did NOT fix the rear
    ...Tech had to call the Mitsubishi tech line again to report the findings
    I wonder if Mitsubishi has an unofficial checklist that they make everyone follow before they hand out a free replacement axle? In any case, you're doing the right thing by staying on top of it. Hopefully you have a free loaner which will encourage them to move even faster.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I wonder if Mitsubishi has an unofficial checklist that they make everyone follow before they hand out a free replacement axle? In any case, you're doing the right thing by staying on top of it. Hopefully you have a free loaner which will encourage them to move even faster.
    Yes the owners of the dealership own a Nissan dealership as well. They gave me a 17’ Nissan Sentra as a loaner until my rear alignment issue gets resolved.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update: Called the dealership yesterday and the service adviser said Mitsubishi Tech Line advised the tech to contact the service rep for our dealership or region? Anyways the rep authorized for the rear axle replacement. It's been ordered and should be here beginning of next week and i should have my car back by the end of next week. Glad Mitsubishi stepped up and authorized a replacement. I'm really hoping this replacement was welded correctly this time. I'll keep you posted. Really wanting to give this loaner back and drive my car again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FloridaG4 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-12-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...service adviser said Mitsubishi Tech Line advised the tech to contact the service rep for our dealership or region?
    A Mitsubishi technician mentioned in another thread that any repair above $1000 must be approved by a district rep. The dealer doesn't really care how much it costs...as long as Mitsubishi pays for it! So the dealer has to get it approved before parts are ordered or the work starts.

Sounds like the process is moving along!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So they put a new axle in Wednesday and realigned the car. New axle is defective also. Tech reported to tech line and tech line wants the tech to loosen some bolts and retighten. I told the service advisor that will not fix the issue. So now I’m waiting for district rep next week to see what Mitsubishi is going to do next. Tomorrow will make a month I’ve not had the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So they put a new axle in Wednesday and realigned the car. New axle is defective also. Tech reported to tech line and tech line wants the tech to loosen some bolts and retighten. I told the service advisor that will not fix the issue. So now I’m waiting for district rep next week to see what Mitsubishi is going to do next. Tomorrow will make a month I’ve not had the car.
    My replaced axle is right at the tolerance limit. Sometimes the readings are at the limit or a hair around it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)