View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    ...there is no way for us to adjust it...
    Did you ask him what to do then?

A few weeks ago when I asked the service guy what could be done to solve the problem he said: "Um... that's a interesting question."

The current state of my case is that Mitsubishi got the results from the deep inspection of my car done last Friday and a bunch of pictures. I'm waiting to hear from them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I just got the call from the dealer. Mine is the first one they have done an alignment on as mine is the highest mileage they have seen (right at 30k)

The service guy's voice was shaky... he said, um sir, your car is out of alignment in a couple spots, um and.. um there is no way for us to adjust it...

I said yeahhhh, I knew you were going to say that... ugggh
    Not surprised at the results,thanks for sharing!

Please make your dealer contact mitsubishi TECHLINE and make a case!

Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Did you ask him what to do then?

A few weeks ago when I asked the service guy what could be done to solve the problem he said: "Um... that's a interesting question."

The current state of my case is that Mitsubishi got the results from the deep inspection of my car done last Friday and a bunch of pictures. I'm waiting to hear from them.
    I've heard that other dealers are starting to make reports to mitsubishi about the issue!

The more the better! That's all that can be done right now.

I was supposed to be able to talk to our district rep last thursday but he cancelled the visit to our dealership...I planned to put a little pressure on him politely if I could but didn't get a chance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Giving the district rep a call or shooting an email his way wouldn't be a bad idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Finally Mitsubishi came up with a decision.

The good: They got convinced that in fact there is a "warranty issue" with the car. (They know that it wasn't me hitting a curb while driving in reverse at 90 mph, but their manufacture/design flaw).

The so so: For the moment, they'll inspect, (balance?) and rotate my tires every 3000 miles to keep tabs on the issue until a "permanent fix" is found.

The case manager highlighted the free oil and filter replacement, what I ignored because we all know how consciously they do that at the dealership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am getting mine in finally next week. was suppose to be in last Thursday but the tech that was going to work on it got hurt so had to rescedual to this Thursday will find out if ours has the real wheel issue if so will have the Dealership put in a techline case also.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been thinking about posing as a new car buyer and telling the salesman I heard a rumor on the internet that the rear wheels can't be aligned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good! I already keep a close eye on my tire rotations and treadwear, so once the permanent solution is made, I'll take it in to the dealership and have them replace the necessary parts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I've been thinking about posing as a new car buyer and telling the salesman I heard a rumor on the internet that the rear wheels can't be aligned.
    That would be interesting. I bet they'd just play it down or even deny it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great... Now with only 2k on my car, I am now regretting it. Thanks to good credit I'll just trade in when it needs tires I guess. What a disappointment. I was really liking this car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They should have a fix for the alignment problem, as far as tire wear, the amount of toe out of adjustment isn't enough to destroy tires, you might have about 2k to 4k less tire wear, my main concern is a mpg boost from being properly alignmed.

I wonder if I present this information to my dealer if they will align my mirage for free or offer to cover the charges if I offer to pay in the event it is aligned correctly. I want to do this before I install my springs so they can't blame them.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)