View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

So I noticed that my steering wheel had gotten a little bit off center to the right when going straight. The guy at the dealer took it for a drive and checked the alignment to tell me that the rear right wheel was somewhat misaligned, possibly due to some hard bump on a pothole (no surprise with the winter we've had). The fix is to install a shim on the wheel that will bring it to factory specs. I'll go back within a few days to do it.

I'm no expert on cars, but this is the first time I hear about rear misalignment and a shim on the wheel as the remedy.

===

UPDATE Jan. 9, 2017 by admin...

This thread now contains hundreds of posts. For a summary and list of Frequently Asked Questions about this issue see this thread
    :

>>> Rear Alignment Problem FAQ <<<

Also, here is Mitsubishi's official position on rear axle alignment (e-mail from U.S. PR Manager Alex Fedorak):

I'm told by our service department that we are aware some Mirages including some early 2015 models might have a rear axle problem causing some out-of-spec alignment issues. This condition falls under our 5 year/60,000 mile warranty coverage. People who feel they might have a problem should contact their local dealer for an inspection and repair as necessary under warranty.
    This should be helpful for owners who were mistakenly put under the impression (by a dealer) that only the 12 month / 12k mile "adjustment period" covered this.

It's a clear 5/60 warranty issue. Have those customers ask to speak to the factory rep.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 01-09-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: (updated thread title, added Mitsubishi U.S. response)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

18slcmirage (11-02-2020)