I had bookmarked this to post today! Your "today" came earlier than mine.
I'm going to post a translation of the French info from the video shortly...
Here it is:
Video description: (from YouTube page)
Selected subtitles from the video (related to the test):
We took advantage of Mitsubishi press/media testing in the Var region to test for ourselves the fuel consumption of the 1.2L car over 400 km (249 miles) driven "normally" at 130 km/h (81 mph) on the Var motorways, and at posted speed limits elsewhere. The overall result is surprising for this new model, which did not feel "winded" ... Hint: this model consumes about 22% less than a VW Polo with the same power, from 20 years ago.
- 1.2L engine, 5-speed manual
- aerodynamic foundation
- 0.27 drag coefficient
- test of actual fuel consumption
- tank filled to the brim (E10 fuel shown)
- mixed driving
- rural/secondary roads: approx. 45%
- urban driving: approx 10%
- freeway portion: 45% (NOTE: where the speed limit is 130 km/h or 81 mph)
- following official posted speed limits
- vehicle loaned for 48 hours
- returned to the same gas station
- ... same pump, fuel and re-filling method
- observed average fuel consumption: 5.28 L/100 km / 44.6 mpg (US) / 18.9 km/L / 53.5 mpg (Imp)
- in these conditions, what's the advantage of a hybrid of the same class?
View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 61.2 mpg (US) ... 26.0 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 73.5 mpg (Imp)