Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing or removing Spark plugs & Coil packs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone notice their spark plug tube seals leaking from the BOTTOM? My tube seal on cylinder #2 (middle cylinder) has a very slight oil seep.

Does anyone know if our tube seals are threaded in, or pressed into the head??

Sorry to thread jack.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just wanted to say thank used your guide to switch my spark plugs, was done in about 15 minutes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Iridium plugs come pre gaped in the package, they should not be touched.
    That is 100% correct and 100% wrong. Most spark plug brands do come pre gapped however they all have the same risk of rough handling during shipping. It's a long trip from Asia to the USA or wherever you happen to be.

I just finished changing my plugs. I changed them once at 100k mikes and this change is at 200k miles. I check gap on all plugs before installing them. You would be surprised at the problems you find. Sometimes they are to close and sometimes to wide of a gap.

Two of my new plugs were gapped perfect for my 200k mile change. One of them was 0.03. It costs no more than $2 for a cheap gapping tool and it takes about three seconds to check and correct each spark plug.

If you are cautious enough to use grease on your plugs, but not cautious enough to check the plug gap, you might want to reconsider doing your own mechanic work.
    Last edited by stevedmc; 05-17-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkshev View Post
    The 2015 Mitsubishi factory repair manual says new plugs should measure .040-.043 inch. Worn plugs should have a gap max of .060 inch. Or 1.0mm to 1.1mm not to exceed max of 1.5mm
    I'm a firm believer in NGK plugs. I run them in everything I own. I change them every 100k miles.

On this change, the old plugs were. 050 across the board. I could have probably got another 100k miles out of them.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    can anyone put other spark plugs part number here that is compatible with the mirage??
    ive search for the NGK that was posted here and its not that cheap.
    i wanted something that is bang for the buck plugs that will not burn my pocket too much hehe

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

They aren't cheap cause they are iridium plugs. Cobrajet made a thread about changing the plugs already, they used denso plugs.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ug-replacement!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    can anyone put other spark plugs part number here that is compatible with the mirage??
    ive search for the NGK that was posted here and its not that cheap.
    i wanted something that is bang for the buck plugs that will not burn my pocket too much hehe
    You can't afford to buy three spark plus at $6 a piece every 100k miles?

I've been running NGK plugs for over a decade and they are one of the best brands you can get.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    well im not sayin i cant buy i just want an alternative. not all of us can buy the same right?
    im not a brand guy i just try to find for an alternative because here in my country that NGK is about $20/pc if thats the NGK laser iridium.

$1 = 53 Philippine peso as of today.

/pc here is 1000pesos correct me if im wrong for my countrymen whos a member here. hehe
    Last edited by mitsumi; 07-11-2018 at 12:36 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I have bought Denso IKH16TT last year as my spare .. they cost less at Amazon than in our country.

Has anybody here tried Nology?
    Last edited by Mitz; 07-10-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    well im not sayin i cant buy i just want an alternative. not all of us can buy the same right?
    I suppose you are right. I just don't see any reason to switch to a cheaper plug when it's only $18 every 100k miles for OEM plugs.

I've changed spark plugs twice in my Mirage and each time I have been very impressed at how good the plugs look even after 100k miles. It's almost like I am throwing money away changing them at 100k miles. I would imagine you could possibly get over 150k miles out of them, although I wouldn't try it.

People drive these horrible little cars because they get such great gas mileage. Using a high quality NGK plug is a small price to pay to ensure that you continue to get amazing gas mileage.