Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scootabout :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE with Comfort Package (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Scootabout
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE with Comfort Package
    White
    Manual

Comments: 18 / Views: 15936
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Picture of the usb hub:
    Name:  20160207_132741.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  97.3 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Those floor mats look like a great investment with how used they look.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Kineo (02-14-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Those floor mats look like a great investment with how used they look.
    That's just the salt. They're actually in awesome shape! Like I said at the beginning of the post, please excuse the mess, it's winter. I've been too busy to have the time to take them, out, hose them down and let them dry properly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Are those your heated seat switches? How have they been working for you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Are those your heated seat switches? How have they been working for you?
    They work great! High provides quick, intense heat and cycles on/off. Low provides steady heat that soothes the back if you're having back strain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineo View Post
    They work great! High provides quick, intense heat and cycles on/off. Low provides steady heat that soothes the back if you're having back strain.
    I agree, I had aftermarket seat heaters installed at the time of purchase and it makes longer trips so much better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Bit of an update:

I recently got a GoPro Hero4 Session with some goodies for mounting so I'll be able to post some vids soon! I haven't wanted to post vids from my dash cam coz it displays way too much info (speed etc.) and I have a bit of a lead foot.

Last month I ordered the armrest from the dealership! It was on back order so it'll be arriving on June 16th. The cost was a bit above the oemcarparts site, after exchange rate, shipping and duties but at least I know for a fact that it is OEM and I don't have to deal with the hassles of paying duties and such. I will post pics once it is installed.

I rearranged the mounting of the usb hub because the supplied velcro just wasn't holding it under the dash. I mounted it, instead, on top of the dash, forward of the piano black centre console. It's fairly unobtrusive in that position an gets it closer to where I have gadgets which reduces the amount of clutter from longer usb cables. I'm still in the process of cleaning up the clutter so I'm not posting pics yet but I will be soon.

The bonus to the position I placed the usb hub in is that I was able to use that flat, raised surface to stick my GoPro dash mount and thereby eliminating an additional sticky mark from the dash.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kineo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-21-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry I haven't updated in a while but life happens.

Went on a camping trip and bought a 3.5'x5' cargo trailer from Lowe's that has a dry weight of 300 lbs. hooked it up to my previously installed hitch from U-Haul and loaded it with a couple hundred pounds (possibly more) worth of camping gear. The Scootabout pulled like a champ! I hardly noticed the trailer behind me.

I just received my new center console/armrest from Scarborough Mitsubishi on Friday! w00t! I've got the receipt but don't have it with me right now. It was around $300 CDN ordered through the dealership. After figuring the exchange on the Thai site price which was in USD, shipping and duties, it came out to about the same price. I've yet to install it but that will happen soon!

Also, I nabbed a great deal on a second GoPro Hero 4 Session with the GoPro remote so I'm pretty much set to start taking some real footage of my car as well as the 2017 in it's various configurations, including externally mounted shots.

More deets, pics and vids to come!

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any update on the hydrogen system for your mitsu!?

Shake and bake baby