Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2014 Mirage 1.2 vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - which has better mileage/fuel economy?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    i don't like the timing belt either, but i'd be willing to give it a chance. maybe that oil bath really will keep it "fresh" for a long time. oil definitely extended the life of the rubber hose gaskets that i used to install back in the day.

i think i may have posted this before but i'll post again. "alex on autos" does a great review of the ecoboost fiesta. you can see plainly in the video that the hatch area is of a decent size (he hops in and closes the door with him inside).

his drive, which was up and down steady grades, gave him better mileage than when he tested a mirage. he doesn't say much more about it however. also, he mentions that he doesn't have to downshift as often, in contrast to one of the reviews posted earlier in this thread where the reviewer was driving a non ecoboost and had to downshift often from 5th because of the tallness of it.

i love my mirage, but the ecoboost fiesta looks like a great little car. i might go test drive one sometime for fun. there are a few of them at the various local ford dealers in my area. the msrp is about 19,xxx dollars CAD (unfortunately, none of them are bare bones). however, after getting 48 mpg while i drove around today in my mirage, it would take lot to convince me to forsake my loyalty to the mirage!

I agree, it's a cool car and I have said multiple times on this forum that I like ford's, I still have my 1997 f150 and it runs like a champ.
    But there are way too many issues with the turbo ecoboost engines at the moment. You can look on YouTube at “fordtecmakuloco“ or other channels if you look up ecoboost problems. I know they will sort the issues out eventually but you have to accept that the ecoboost will likely have some expensive repairs that the n/a will not have. Now I'm not telling anyone not to buy them I'm just saying it's something to add to your buying decision.

P. S how much is the Fiesta ST in CAD?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i own an f150 (not ecoboost) and i came across fordtecmakuloco's youtube page by way of the f150 forum. you're right. the ecoboost has many possible issues related to the turbo that the mirage simply can't get. sure, we have some problems for some people with early brake wear and rear wheel alignment, but overall there are not many major complaints for the mirage, and that is a very good thing.

2014 White SE with CVT