Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi leaving US market...like Suzuki?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi leaving US market...like Suzuki?

I've been researching other sub-compacts from Ford, Hyundai and Mazda. When I told the salesmen that I was also considering a Mirage they told me that the 10 year warranty is great but there is talk that Mitsubishi may not even be in the US market in the next few years. On the east coast at least the closest Mitsubishi dealership is 45 miles from me. Does anyone have this concern? Also, have any of you owners considered putting your own Mirage review on youtube? The videos that I've viewed and read were not all that complimentary.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have not heard that. On the contrary, I've seen more and more Mitsubishi vehicles lately. They are well built and a real bargain. You get a lot of car for not much money.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Isuzu has also exited the US market, however, I would assume Mitsubishi has better financial backing as they're a pretty large company. Nice tactic for that salesman to use bringing something like that up to a shopper. Classic. People have been talking about Mitsu leaving the US easily since the early to mid 2000's now.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    SHOCKING NEWS !!
    Another truth bending salesman.
    I thought only honest ones were left.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Rochester is just a big town, but we have two Mitsubishi dealerships strong. Based on what I've seen, they are doing ok.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Mitsubishi sales are on a sharp increase. They aren't going anywhere as they've said many times over when asked by the press.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today I Had a Big Thrill!!!!!! On the Freeway here in the North West I Saw a car carrier Delivering Brand New Mirages!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole Truck was Full of Mirage,s I couldn't take a picture Because I was Driving my self. But that was the Frist Time I saw that!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (03-29-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That Salesman was Listening to Consumer Repporters!! They would like to see Mitsubishi leave, to add more support to Honda& toy-Toy - we need to Keep Promoting Mitsubishi Mirage!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    That Salesman was Listening to Consumer Repporters!! They would like to see Mitsubishi leave, to add more support to Honda& toy-Toy - we need to Keep Promoting Mitsubishi Mirage!!!
    Why do you think CR are such big Honda/Toyota boosters? I thought they didn't take any money/advertising from any manufacturers?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The TRUTH comes out!!!!! They are trying to over power GM&Ford!!!! So if people can't see the False hood in that ! And Plus More people Steal Hondas and Toyotas then the other small cars. That's why I'm Glad I don't have one! People are Blinded by advertising they show more Honda&toyota commerals then any other car.

hello from bluejellybean