Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CVT owner seeking MPG advice

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Using the cruise control as much as possible with the CVT is the best way to get higher numbers. I am usually getting about 42-45mps on my commute to and from work because its all stop and go. Other times I am getting 45-55 mpg using the cruise control and really paying attention to the lights ahead and taking my foot off of the gas instead of braking.Name:  1a1amileage.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  89.2 KBName:  1a1amileage2.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  86.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    it's nice to see how so many people beat the EPA ratings. yesterday I set a new personal best trip average, which included lots of downtown (but light traffic) driving of 51mpg on my readout. after getting home, I stepped out of the car and just proudly looked at it for a couple seconds before heading inside.

gas prices where I live have come within 15 cents/ltr. of their all-time high just before the GFC in 2008, even though oil currently costs much less than it did it that time. what a racket! one day, I don't know when, i'll go full electric with solar charging. until then, my beloved little mirage will keep the hurt as low as possible.
    2014 White SE with CVT

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

DemiRage (06-26-2015),MetroMPG (06-26-2015)

El Kap: glad to hear you're still enjoying the car and what it can do.

Your dealer obviously knew how to keep a customer happy. That dud engine could have turned out badly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think you may have me confused with Ichabod. my engine has been trouble free since day one (knock on wood).
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah , should send all our Mpg,s reports to the EPA and the good reviews so that they can adjust the Mpg Rateing on the Mirage. I've told a few dealers that they should tell All Buyers that the hwy mpg is between 45 to 55 or better. I'm sure they have told people that they get better then what's on the window.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I think you may have me confused with Ichabod. my engine has been trouble free since day one (knock on wood).
    Oops! Yes I did. My bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)