Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultra Racing front strut bar photos

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    ^^^ Those were added in 2017. They didn't exist in 2015.
    Doesnt make a difference if its installed or not, am i right? Or are they really needed?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You replied to a thread from the year 2015 and commented that parts that weren't in production before 2017 had not been "put back on it".

No, they weren't put back on the car because in 2015 those parts did not exist.
    Simplify and add lightness.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-22-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Engine bay of 2015 just the same as the ones on newer models, anyone? Anyone with 2016 up model who installed strut bar and didnt installed those black thingy? Just wanna make sure I wont have any problems if dont put back those parts on. Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you have a strut bar, it's mounting plate should be taking the place of those parts.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    If you have a strut bar, it's mounting plate should be taking the place of those parts.
    Thank you so much, good to know that.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iammyowngod View Post
    Doesnt make a difference if its installed or not, am i right? Or are they really needed?
    It's Mitsu's cheap idea of strengthening the part where the bolts are located rather than putting a strut bar.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    It's Mitsu's cheap idea of strengthening the part where the bolts are located rather than putting a strut bar.
    Not adding more weight and cost to the car than necessary is a good thing. If they ever release a "handling package" for the car, I'd expect it to include a strut tower brace (if it actually makes a difference). Otherwise, it's not at all necessary for the car's intended purpose of "cheap commuter car".

Personally, I find those little reinforcement plates fascinating! They could have just made them a flat piece of thick stamped steel. They took the time to engineer them into something thinner... probably as thin as it could be and still do the job (which we're all guessing the job is to keep the sheet metal around the bolt hold from fatigue cracking... but, could also be an NVH thing). But, look at them. They're NOT just a flat piece of steel. They have two dimples in them, and they're marked with directional arrows indicating that they should be installed in a particular direction. I'd love to know the reasons why they spent the money to engineer AND produce this part in such a complex fashion. "Cheap?" No. Cheap would have been a simple piece of stamped steel. Symmetrical, so that it could be installed in either direction, even upside down, and with no markings stamped into it. Those parts aren't cheap at all. Give Mitsu some credit!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, they could have made those little plates a strut bar itself. A tube can be welded to those plates i think. Lol.