Thread: Difficulties with Playing from UB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Difficulties with Playing from USB

I have a 2014 ES without NAV system, but with the builtin Bluetooth (steering wheel buttons), and hence voice commands to phones, iPods and USB sticks.

I don't have an iPod, but I do use a 32GB USB stick, and I can play songs from it.

The normal MODE seems to be one where I can use the Volume/SEL knob to show me the filenames and Folders on the USB stick, and select songs to play. If I'm at the end of an album and I select the "Next" button ( >>| ) then I get the first song on the next folder/album.

But then I try to use the voice command to play by Artist. This actually works farly well, and an album is selected,and it plays all tracks in the album. But then it goes back to the first track on that album, as if it is stuck in folder repeat mode.

Also if I then use the SEL knob, the menu is different, and I get to select from

Playlists
    Atrist
    Album
    Song
    Genre

and short of removing the USB stick, I can't find a way back to the initial Menu system.

I doubt anything is "broken", it just isn't explained.

The Mitsubishi US website has a link that points to the Gracenote website, suggesting that there's more information there, but I haven't found anything useful.

Has anyone found more information on how to use all the capabilities of this system?
    Last edited by mpaton; 04-11-2015 at 04:05 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There appear to be 2 USB stick playing modes, which I'll call Folder Mode and database Mode.

Folder mode is the default, and in this mode the text "FOLDER" is displayed at the top of the display, alng with "TRACK" and below that, the Folder number within the USB drive, and the Track number within the Folder.

Using the Voice command "PLAY" gets you into what I've called Database Mode.

The text "FOLDER" is not displayed.

The system makes its own list of songs which match the selected parameters given either by voice command or selected by the SEL switch.

Only songs within the list can be played, and the display shows the song number within the list, then a forward slash "/" and then the number of songs within the list.

The only ways I've discovered to get back to Folder mode are to remove the USB stick, or to go back to Voice Command and say "Exit Playlist".

I'm also having trouble creating my own playlist files. Can anybody post a file they use as a playlist? The format of the file is probably important, so just listing the conents of a playlist file probably isn't useful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaton For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-04-2016)