Thread: Another one in the family

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Another one in the family

After seeing how great the gas mileage is in my Mirage, my aunt and uncle decided to buy one too!

They wanted to buy a small, economical car to drive back and forth for my uncle's dialysis and doctor appointments instead of driving their Dodge truck that only gets about 15 mpg. They won't be on here posting or anything, but it is nice having another one of these great little cars in the family!

To top it off, I got a $100 referral check from the dealership! Cha ching!

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow!!!! That's Awsome!!!!! Two Mirage in the family that's Great!!!!! Nice picture!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Carport!!!

That's a great thing to have is a carport to protect your jelly beans that's what I have for my bluejellybean
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Indeed! I don't have a car port, but we do have a garage. Most of the time though it is too full to pull my Mirage in. It is WAY too small to pull our truck in, even if the garage were 100% empty! Speaking of garage, I really need to clean it out so I can pull my Mirage in to it. It is spring time now in the south so it's that time of year for high winds, hail, and tornadoes. I need to start parking it in the garage to protect it from the weather!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A very good idea !!!!! A must!!! I know here in the northwest the UV rays do a number on the headlights! So I'm glad I have a way to keep mine out of the weather. and I know Texas is really hot conpaired to the northwest .
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Haha, nice. I take it they like it so far?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Haha, nice. I take it they like it so far?

I don't know yet!! That's what is funny. My mother-in-law and I picked up the car from the dealer and drove it to their house since they were at the doctor all day today. I'm sure I'll find out in a day or two what they think of the car. I know my aunt will be happy since she is REALLY short and complains all the time at the lack of visibility she has while driving the truck.

Yes, it does get really hot here in Texas, mostly due to a combination of the heat and humidity. We have been using the A/C in the house and cars for a few weeks now. It got up to 89 degrees just a couple of days ago along with a dew point that was around 70 degrees. Sometimes it gets so humid, especially after a brief ran shower, that you can not walk across a parking lot without having to stop to catch your breath. It feels like you are trying to breath under water.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Both are great colors . Enjoy .