Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: odd thing happening in 2015 mirage es [Solved: loose fuse insert]

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you so much. That was the problem. When I pushed on the yellow thing, it went into its slot and the problem went away. You folks are fantastic!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by badjackdk View Post
    Thank you so much. That was the problem. When I pushed on the yellow thing, it went into its slot and the problem went away. You folks are fantastic!!
    Yeah baby!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3dplane to the rescue! Nice work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

3dplane (04-22-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    what he posted is exactly the same as what is happening to my mirage 2015 model. usually i leave it on an open parking area where usually it is a sunny day then when it is too hot outside, i start the unit then it starts but takes a while to open the radio as the knob is not lit up. has to wait for 15-30 minutes for the knob to lit up. also, whenever i encounter rough roads, it shuts my radio off, even my flash drive usually cannot be detected. my ride is ok so far. if i push this button, will this affect other stuff on my car or this only affects radio related stuff? thanks! i will try this and hopefully i will work wonders for me. thank you so much and more power!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 19-souLfLy-68 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 19-souLfLy-68 View Post
    what he posted is exactly the same as what is happening to my mirage 2015 model. usually i leave it on an open parking area where usually it is a sunny day then when it is too hot outside, i start the unit then it starts but takes a while to open the radio as the knob is not lit up. has to wait for 15-30 minutes for the knob to lit up. also, whenever i encounter rough roads, it shuts my radio off, even my flash drive usually cannot be detected. my ride is ok so far. if i push this button, will this affect other stuff on my car or this only affects radio related stuff? thanks! i will try this and hopefully i will work wonders for me. thank you so much and more power!!!
    As far as I know it only affects radio and keyfob detection. The mitsubishi techs call it IOD fuse which is something like Ignition Off Drain or something. This is not a button! It is a fuse (or two) that they pull out of the fuse block on purpose to reduce battery drain while the car is still in transportation. But then nobody remembers to push it back into the fuse box once the car arrives to it's destination and being sold to consumers.

I guess it still makes contact with the terminals when not fully inserted however temperature variations can make it touch better or not so good at times so sometimes the radio works,sometimes it doesn't. And the start button can flash red along with the key symbol on the instrument cluster.

Just pop the door off and push the whole yellow thing in!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    While I'm not having any issues, I had the door open yesterday to route my Scangauge wire, and sure enough the yellow thing was able to be pushed in about 1/8". Thanks, you hopefully just saved me from some future panic!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just an update on my 2015 Mirage fuse problem. Since following 3dplane's suggestion, I have not had any problems with my car. It has been running great. In fact once I hit 2000 miles it has been running even better, gas milage is up and the engine seems to be running a lot better. I guess it takes a few miles to really break it in. Now it seems to run the best at about 70mph. I have to watch it as it seems to just creep up to 70 before I know it. Thanks again for all of your help
    Last edited by badjackdk; 06-05-2015 at 01:24 AM. Reason: errors

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badjackdk For This Useful Post:

3dplane (06-05-2015),laceygirl (09-18-2015),MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's awesome! Thanks for the update!

It will get better and better! Mine has 30K on it and it's doing great!

Be careful with that speed demon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    That's awesome! Thanks for the update!

It will get better and better! Mine has 30K on it and it's doing great!

Be careful with that speed demon!
    I hope that wasnt sarcasm, because people do call me that on my mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for the off topic! >.<

Haha 70mph a speed I don't like to go for sure, I feel sad going 65mph with friends that are impatient in the car, they all offer up money to more than cover my fuel (enough for fuel and free food-thanks mirage) but I still feel so inefficient over 60mph 55mph is my happy cruise speed.

My mirage seems to be happy 45-50mph 5th

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)