Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: odd thing happening in 2015 mirage es [Solved: loose fuse insert]

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got my mpg up to 48.7 at 65 mph. Pretty cool I really like this. My only complaint is the teeny tiny gas tank. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have probably spent a lot of time and possibly money trying to figure out my porblem. When I contacted the dealer to inform them that the problem was solved, they were unaware that this fuse was unplugged. Hopefully it won't happen to any more owners. Thanks again you folks are fantastic.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Sorry for the off topic! >.<

Haha 70mph a speed I don't like to go for sure, I feel sad going 65mph with friends that are impatient in the car, they all offer up money to more than cover my fuel (enough for fuel and free food-thanks mirage) but I still feel so inefficient over 60mph 55mph is my happy cruise speed.

My mirage seems to be happy 45-50mph 5th
    My mirage was doing fine and dandy at 85.

In fact, i bet it was right in the powerband at that RPM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I just want to quickly post that I had the same problem with the radio, so I followed the advice on page one, and the yellow fuse wasn't seated in the housing properly... Thank you so much for the tip.....

Mine loves 76 miles per hour (120 kilometres an hour), it just shoots along...
    Last edited by laceygirl; 08-07-2015 at 11:10 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    3dplane i thank you. My new baby was giving me some weird electrical issues and sure enough, the IOD fuse wasn't pushed all the way in. I have to wait until later to give her a final road test, but I think you may have saved me a little "Dealer" time tomorrow!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    3dplanes posts and knowledge of the Mirage and his fuel mileage log were the principle determining factors in my purchase of my Mirage. Knowing of the problems with the rear axle allowed me to preemptively build a turnbuckle arrangement that allows me to get my rear toe very close to 0 and my rear tires wear at 1/3rd the rate of the fronts.

It's a shame he can not seem to get any action to fix his rear axle alignment. It's the sole negative I have with Mitsubishi after almost a year and basically flawless operation of my Mirage. My recent warm air intake and block heater have resulted in almost 59 mpg for the month of March. 1299.7 miles on 22.50 gallons of fuel and that's on winter gas here.

$101 in fuel for the last 3685 miles from 1/9/2016 to today, 4/3/2016.

$.027 per mile.

regards
    mech
    Last edited by deleted user; 04-03-2016 at 08:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

3dplane (04-05-2016),flatbroke (04-04-2016),inuvik (04-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just got back from a quick 5-mile late night road test. All seems good. Thanks again 3dplanes!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

3dplane (04-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by badjackdk View Post
    The book lists several things none of which seem to be relevant. It just happened again on my way to work but this time it happened while driving. The radio shut off and the light on the start button was blinking red. Again it drove normally. Seems to happen when it has been sitting in the sun and it is warm out. (here in CA it is 70 degrees)
    I find that my mirage does not like warm temperatures either. Especially if humid out. I live in Florida, so that's bad news for me. When I start the engine cold, it sometimes idles erratically. The tachometer needle bobs up-and-down a couple hundred RPM and does not settle until I put the car into gear. After that it's fine. Anyone else experiencing this erratic idle issue?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    I find that my mirage does not like warm temperatures either. Especially if humid out. I live in Florida, so that's bad news for me. When I start the engine cold, it sometimes idles erratically. The tachometer needle bobs up-and-down a couple hundred RPM and does not settle until I put the car into gear. After that it's fine. Anyone else experiencing this erratic idle issue?

I live in South Florida and the Mirage I had don't do that, it must be something wrong, take it to the dealer as it is under warranty 4 years 50k miles...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wmo168 For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    palebeachbum, this sounds like the AC compressor cycling. Have you checked that? What happens when you turn off the AC?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its definitely not the AC compressor cycling. With my symptom, the idle bounces up and down in much faster intervals. A rubberband effect. Doesn't seem to matter if the AC is on or not. Based on the behavior I suspect something is wrong with the fuel management electronics or electronic throttlebody. Its not behaved this way in maybe 2mos, but its done it maybe a half dozen times in 2yrs of ownership. Always on rainy warm days upon startup with a cold engine. When its done it, I've played with it a little to see what might get it to self correct itself. Giving it some throttle. Shutting it off and immediately restarting. Neither of which over work. The only the thing that seems to "fix" it is putting it in gear. The symptom immediately stops. I'll also note that I had one occurrence of the car being extremely difficult to start after starting it cold, immediately pulling forward in my driveway, then shutting off. The next day when I tried to start it, it took 5 attempt am I had to hold the throttle to the floor. When it finally started, the exhaust belched a huge cloud of black smoke. All these concerning symptoms are very infrequent tho. Day to day the car runs like a charm.