Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin air filter replacement

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man that is so simple but I wouldn't of knew just looking at it. Thank you so much!!!

Shake and bake baby

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Word of caution to anyone removing the door that holds the filter in. Be careful to pull away and to the right because the tabs on the side of the door break easily. I just figured that out .
    Shake and bake baby

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LetItMarinate For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    Man that is so simple but I wouldn't of knew just looking at it. Thank you so much!!!
    It is easy to do! I spent more time cleaning out my glovebox than changing the cabin air filter. There's really no excuse for not doing it. It's super simple!

Having said all that, your suggestion about the tabs on the right is a good one. It's hard to visually just look at the cover & see how it works exactly.

I like rockauto.com 's selection & price on cabin air filters. On this type of item I rather go cheap & replace them more often.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up going to my local Oreillys and picked up a wix and way over paid but it supposedly has special antimicrobial technology in it. It looks exactly like the old filter lol. Next time I'll go with the cheapy filter.
    Shake and bake baby

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    I ended up going to my local Oreillys and picked up a wix and way over paid but it supposedly has special antimicrobial technology in it. It looks exactly like the old filter lol. Next time I'll go with the cheapy filter.
    I bought Wix engine air filters for my vehicles, & cheap Premium Guard cabin filters. I must care more about the air my engines breathe than myself. Wix cabin filters are priced higher then their engine filters. Thus, they must be special.

I haven't changed my Mirage engine filter yet, but the Wix looks top notch. Disadvantage of buying on line is not being able to make a visual comparison of items like this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I bought Wix engine air filters for my vehicles, & cheap Premium Guard cabin filters. I must care more about the air my engines breathe than myself. Wix cabin filters are priced higher then their engine filters. Thus, they must be special.

I haven't changed my Mirage engine filter yet, but the Wix looks top notch. Disadvantage of buying on line is not being able to make a visual comparison of items like this.
    Ill say that the wix are quality products. The cabin air filter look and felt almost identical to the one that came from the factory. It felt just a little thicker and it has some special anti microbial stuff in it. I'll see how long it lasts.

Shake and bake baby