Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New owner from Texas. What can I expect?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki Mirage View Post
    Just purchased an all black brand new 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES. Absolutely love it. If following the manual religiously, how many miles can we expect these things to last? With the cvt
    Just came back from a trip to the Philippines. Mitsubishi reigns in Manila. The Mirages seem
    to be all over the country. The driving experience is something to be experienced and the
    Mirages seem to thrive in this tough driving condition. That's what caught my eye, so two weeks
    after returning home (to Long beach), I decided to take a look at the local dealer - my son now
    has a 2014 mirage. And he's happy about it. If the car is tough enough for a 3rd world country,
    It should be fine here!

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome y'all!! So what part of Texas are you in? Since you mentioned the 85 mph speed limit, my guess is somewhere between San Antonio and Austin.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was real soon ,,,,how many miles are on your mirage? With your life blood of your car it's up to you. But on mine the forum encourged me to get it done at 2 thousand and i did. But after that every three thousand to 5 thousand because it's diffrent kid of oil. You have a SHARP Mirage!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Live in Austin and it has 540 miles on it now

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    584 miles now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nicki Mirage; 04-20-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I changed the first oil at 526 miles. I'm going to do it again at 1,500 miles then 5,000 mile intervals after that using full synthetic

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your dealership should give you a free oil change from Mitsubishi, I did the exact same thing as you! first change at 500 with mobile 1/napa gold then a dealership change at 3400, now has 5k and I will do my second free (offered by the dealer) at 7k. I'm going to switch to Eneos full synthetic after my last dealer oil change, summer time I might push for 5k while keeping an eye on the oil color, 3500 for winter.

Your Mirage looks beautiful in black, kinda like my Mirages evil brother!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad I'm doing good by that. Yeah, black is my favorite color then I limo tinted the windows. Does have a sinister look from the front

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When are you going to do your CVT service ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the Manual Transmission, I changed my fluid at 1200-1500 miles I believe. Not long after that I finally gave my Mirage more than half throttle and felt the peppy triple come to life! If I had a CVT the fluid is as pricey as my 5 speed redline synthetic fluid. Actually just searched it and it is actually more! Wow mitsubishi is bottling gold with that CVT fluid, $20 a quart is what I am seeing. Amazon is the best place I think to buy it "Genuine Mitsubishi J4 CVT" fluid, 5 quarts at 100 with shipping. I believe 2 quarts will get you a flush/refill. My old Honda civic used about 2 quarts for a flush and refill and was like the Mirage cvt, no filter so I did a flush refill every other oil change (the Honda automatic transmission fluid was only $10 a quart) around 7,000-10,000 miles. With the cost of that fluid being so high I think a break fluid flush would be okay and for me I could really only see doing the fluid every 15k miles with those prices, but I am overkill on general maintenance. I am doing my second manual transmission fluid service at 15k miles, but only because I am hard on my gearbox and I figure there still is some oem fluid mixed with the redline to be flushed out.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)