Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPF1's lookin good on the mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

RPF1's lookin good on the mirage

put the wheels, spring and rear sway bar on last weekend. took a 300km drive and my milage is way better now. getting 5.6l/100km's highway.Name:  MIRAGE2.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  96.4 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rage403 For This Useful Post:

Ares (04-22-2015),MetroMPG (04-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks great! Stock tires? How is the handling?

*nudge* update your garage with a new pic! *nudge*
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What size are they?? And what's the offset? Those look perfect. Sometimes guys get RPF1s and they are to negative and the spokes are all bent backwards and don't look right. Yours is flat and look perfect to me! How much did your fuel economy go up? I am not sure what it was before the install.

They are freaking Gorgeous btw!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks great!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    they are 14x7, cannot rememeber the offset, i can go look at the boxes again. i had to modify the center bore a bit to make them fit over the hub. my last trip to calgary 187km each way i got 6.4l/100km and yesterday i got 5.6l/100km very happy about that. keep in mind i had winter tires on for the first trip and now have the OEM dunlops on with a bit of stretch
    Low and Slow

Quote Originally Posted by Rage403 View Post
    put the wheels, spring and rear sway bar on last weekend. took a 300km drive and my milage is way better now. getting 5.6l/100km's highway.
    What springs? How do you like the handling and ride now?

It's kind of funny to mention the suspension & wheel changes ... and the first comment is about fuel economy! A modest drop actually does improve aerodynamics and reduce drag. It's a classic technique auto makers use to get a little bit better mileage. Nice mod because it can improve handling too. Fun & efficient is good in my books.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i used Tien springs and the ultra racing rear sway bar. the handleing has a lot better, the car feels more planted and a lot less body roll.

it is funny that all i care about these days is fuel milage, as my usual cars would be getting around 11-15 litres per 100km. they also took premium for the most part. this car has been a huge change for me and my life style and i love it.
    Low and Slow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rage403 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-22-2015)

And how's the ride? Is it bouncy with the spring change?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish the wheels were pushed into the car more. If you look at the front tire, it looks like it's poking out a little too much for me.

I agree, though, that the wheels look good with the car.

How much were your tein springs?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I do not find it bouncy at all. i wish i could find an aftermarket set of struts and shocks cause i know that the OEM ones will not hold up but i will enter that adventure when they blow out. i have had a ton of lowered cars and this is one of the better handling cars post lowering kit that i have owned

i find with the stretch that i i got by using the OEM tires with the wider rim helps a lot with the poke from the wheels. i have rubbed the right rear once or twice on large bumps at highway speeds. other then that im very happy with this set up. i paid $200 for the Tien springs

Low and Slow