Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered touch up paint - enamel

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Ordered touch up paint - enamel

Surprised to find several new chips on my front bumper and a couple tiny ones on the fenders. Seems to get chipped easily, but maybe I'm too picky.
    You can get enamel as well as lacquer; I prefer enamel. Paintscratch and PaintWorld both have touch up for the Mirage.
    I ordered a paint pen, will post results. I've got a couple of small chips, but the ones in the bumper are deep, hopefully the paint will fill in and make them not easily visible.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Definitely let us know how it goes. How much did your pen cost?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, i gave mine a bath and noticed two small chips on my hood!! I'm going to do the same. And order a paint pen. Take some pictures before and after. I'm really staying away from Trucks!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Definitely let us know how it goes. How much did your pen cost?
    Pen was $11.95 from PaintWorld, but shipping was over $10. Worth it for enamel, though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-29-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I have been trying to do the same, but it's almost impossible with road construction and oncoming trucks. I did the same, washed the car and found several deep chips into the plastic of the bumper.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just looked over the front bumper closely. No doubt, the paint must be really soft. I noticed lots of tiny impressions in the clear from debris, small stones, etc. Have owned lots of cars so I know it's not my driving habits. I'm sure the older paints were more durable. No fault of Mitsubishi, of course, it's the 'eco friendly' paints. As much as I miss the durability of older finishes, I understand the need for the new (safer) type finishes.
    As long as it looks good from a couple of feet away, I'll live with it. The Mirage has so much going for it otherwise (like 45mpg)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    Just looked over the front bumper closely. No doubt, the paint must be really soft. I noticed lots of tiny impressions in the clear from debris, small stones, etc. Have owned lots of cars so I know it's not my driving habits. I'm sure the older paints were more durable. No fault of Mitsubishi, of course, it's the 'eco friendly' paints. As much as I miss the durability of older finishes, I understand the need for the new (safer) type finishes.
    As long as it looks good from a couple of feet away, I'll live with it. The Mirage has so much going for it otherwise (like 45mpg)
    Good thing I ordered paint - some fool with a trailer with stones flying off added two more chips to my collection. I also ordered Dr Color Chip, thought I'd compare. I've used it before and it works well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, all you need is another Chip!!!! I bet that made your day!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, two more (so far). People run around here with open trailers with everything from mulch to stones, uncovered. This guy was some kind of masonry worker who was dropping stones for miles. He just HAD to pull out of a side road and get in front of me. I stayed back but he slowed up when he saw a green light and then I was just a bit too close. Stupid rocks jumped off, one bounced a few feet up to my hood and up over (chipping also) the roof. I can't win.
    That does it, no more new cars.
    I already own chipped up ones and they are paid for.
    Sorry to whine.
    I'll post results of the touch up's when I get the supplies.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear that.around here it's the law things have to be tied down and covered because if the smokie catches you , u will have a BIG ticket!!! Don't feel bad two months after I got mine the landlords son was weed eating too close to the front of mine and flipped a rock on my windshield and chipped it. And I didn't know it untill the wife and I went for a drive and walk when we got back I noticed a big 5 inch crack in my windshield!!!!!! And the worse thing about it I had changed my deductable to 500 a few years ago and thought it was for body damage. It was for the windshield!!! So at the time there was no aftermarket windshield so they had to order it from Mitsubishi !!! It costed me 500!!!! I was very upset!!!!!!!!

hello from bluejellybean