Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain Guards on, and AVG mpg pic

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks 3dplane,

The 50 to 40 coast makes sense, i was doing 60 to 40 but the build back up to 60 was taking to long. yours sounds much more efficient. probably about 70 percent of where i am driving it is like roller coaster hills one after another that allows me to do more engine off coasting although i like engine on as it is less wear and tear on the push start/stop button. i will pump my tires up a bit more so i can get more coasting done.

I know i already feel like i cam doing something wrong when the MPG Average is reading in the 40s lol

I want to do some mods to the car but the wife would not be happy and a happy wife = . well you know how that goes. I love the car and would have never gotten it if it were not for her saying we could afford it (I always look for old beaters for me to drive) so i want to keep her happy. Tire pressure though...she doesn't check the tires.

thank you for the info it was a big help, With what Metro and you responded with today i think it answered a lot of questions to help me in the right direction.

Thanks again, Don

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi debburyl,

Yes they were easy to put on. if you have ever put them on any other car they go on Almost that easy and if i was to do it again. I would just not use the tabs with clips as they really are over kill. But the instructions will walk you through it. The thing i didn't like was having to pull down the window gasket to attach the clips.

It wasn't hard to do though as the window gaskets are not clued. You want to have the Car door open when you are doing it so you can see the clips are in right from the inside of the door. I am disabled and have No head or neck movement so i asked a friend to check for me. I think all four windows took less than an hour. and for someone that can see what they are doing, probably closer to half that amount of time.

Also the box did not come with any rubbing alcohol pads to wipe down the area where the tape is to go so make sure you have some of that or mineral spirits and a paper towl, just wipe the area and let it dry and your good to go.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading, Don

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

debburyl (05-14-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks ,,,,, Don they looked harder then what you explained. At Frist I was going to have the dealer put them on but they whanted I believe over a hundred bucks to put them on.because here in the Pacific Northwest we get a lot of rain and you need those window guards to open the windows

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Don (05-15-2015)