Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Some Mirages have a "cell phone cubby/shelf" above the glove compartment

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    That's great to hear! Looking forward to updates. Are you able to share how you're getting it? or is that a secret?
    Nope, no secret lol. I searched for the part number via Google which came up with a bunch of salvage dashes. I circled the part on the dash and sent an email. They were happy to send me it.

(blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installed. Only thing was mounting the computer box thing. It normally attaches to the blank dash piece. I mounted it back to some bars underneath.

(blank signature)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-27-2020),inuvik (05-26-2020),MetroMPG (11-11-2020),Top_Fuel (05-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    ...searched for the part number via Google which came up with a bunch of salvage dashes.
    When I search for Mitsubishi 800A439ZZ all I come up with is this forum. Are you searching in a specific country?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    When I search for Mitsubishi 800A439ZZ all I come up with is this forum. Are you searching in a specific country?
    Wrong part number...8000a439zz.

Just search the part number.
    (blank signature)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Wrong part number...8000a439zz.

Just search the part number.
    When I search this part number, I only get entire dash boards for sale. Anyone having luck searching somewhere specific?
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I search this part number, I only get entire dash boards for sale. Anyone having luck searching somewhere specific?
    Like I stated above, that's all I got too. I then emailed them asking if they'd sell that piece off the dash separately.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    When I search this part number, I only get entire dash boards...
    The number molded into the part is 8000a439zz...but that is probably not the actual part number of this storage piece.

When I look on US parts sites, I can't find the trim that covers the spot where this storage bin goes (see pic below)...

Name:  part3.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  75.0 KB

I'm thinking that the storage bin (or flat trim) is part of the entire dash assembly and cannot be ordered from Mitsubishi separately. I tried searching for non-US Mitsubishi parts sites...but they don't seem to have anything comparable to places like the Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse where you can browse through parts diagrams.

Alex1a1f's solution may be the only way to get one. You'll have to find an overseas salvage yard willing to sell you that piece and ship it to the US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The number molded into the part is 8000a439zz...but that is probably not the actual part number of this storage piece.

When I look on US parts sites, I can't find the trim that covers the spot where this storage bin goes (see pic below)...

Name:  part3.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  75.0 KB

I'm thinking that the storage bin (or flat trim) is part of the entire dash assembly and cannot be ordered from Mitsubishi separately. I tried searching for non-US Mitsubishi parts sites...but they don't seem to have anything comparable to places like the Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse where you can browse through parts diagrams.

Alex1a1f's solution may be the only way to get one. You'll have to find an overseas salvage yard willing to sell you that piece and ship it to the US.
    You might be right. The little piece's number is 8000a596zz and I cannot find that either.

Interesting.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Part numbers, NOTE!

If you want to search part numbers or for part numbers, you need the Mitsubishi ASA software, and enter the VIN (vehicle identification number). Up comes the result for your VIN. It does not show results for different-featured vehicles, because it only shows results for exactly your VIN and for none other! If you want to search for a part of a certain model built for a different market, you must obtain and enter a VIN for such a vehicle!
    With my European VIN I can not get any results for an American vehicle, and vice versa.
    So figures, since vehicles with a cubby were never imported, the American organization will not be able to locate that part with ASA, but maybe they can order it because their part-ordering software is something different?

You can try to get the Mitsubishi ASA parts software including latest updates from the same site that has the FSM.

A look into ASA with my European VIN showed the dash and associated stuff, but did not show the cubby!
    See below.
    Since some folks apparently got it through the European Mitsu organization, they obviously can get it under that correct number.
    Name:  dash.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  87.0 KB
    Last edited by foama; 06-01-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The "8000Axxxxx" part number likely refers to the whole dash assembly. It does for US cars, though it is a different number.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-31-2020)