Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABS light,stability control light and stability control off light all on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

ABS light,stability control light and stability control off light all on.

Hi, have had my mirage a year now with 28000 trouble free miles. Until today. Replaced the tail lights with LED bulbs. Every thing worked great when i turned them on. Got a mile down the road and above lights all came on at the same time. Light switch was not on at the time.
    Any ideas? I disconnected the battery to try to reset. Still nothing. Put original bulbs back in, warning lights still on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep,the mirage can not handle LEDs in the tail. I went through the same thing with mine. It even bogged the car down to where it would not want to go past 45 mph.
    It set some brake system trouble codes that we had to clear after I put the factory tail light bulbs back in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (08-08-2018),MetroMPG (08-08-2018),outtahours (05-16-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh wow thanks! Just glad i didn't fry something! I wonder if one of these auto parts stores could reset it.

I've got a 15' with the same lights on. My scanner won't read the codes for the Mirage. The car has 240k kms so no warranty on this one. I'm assuming a bad abs sensor or hub. Has anyone successfully tested the abs sensors in these cars? I'm not having any luck yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...assuming a bad abs sensor or hub. Has anyone successfully tested the abs sensors in these cars?
    Have you tried something like this? The only thing they aren't showing is just checking the resistance in the wheel speed sensor first to make sure it's within spec.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (05-10-2020)

Tried that. There's no voltage ac or dc when spinning hubs, no continuity either. I only checked the 2 rear sensors at the plugs below the rear seat so far. I doubt they both crapped out at the same time? I'll check the fronts next.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Just tried a rh front sensor with it in drive on the hoist, can't get any reading from it either. My meter might be a pos? It can't be this hard to diagnose a sensor.. I know resistance and dc work with my meter but I've only used the ac function once or twice years ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The factory manual specifies doing a current test to check the wheel speed sensors. Apply battery voltage with a current meter in series. They caution that connecting the battery with the reverse polarity can DAMAGE the sensor. + goes to pin 2 on the sensor.

Standard value: 5 to 9 mA or 11 to 17 mA

(I've never had a factory manual at my fingertips before, it's kinda cool!)

They also have a secondary insulation test. Measure resistance of each of the sensor wires to the body of the sensor. Should be 1.5M ohm or more.
    Simplify and add lightness.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (05-10-2020)

I broke down and read the service manual too. I didn't have any luck trying it their way either. I emailed autel to see if there is an update for my scanner so I can at least get abs codes from these cars. Has anyone had any luck retrieving abs or airbag codes without a trip to the stealership?

I guess I need to update our scanner(autel maxisys mini), it's more than capable but it's so far behind on updates it needs to be reflashed it damnit.