Thread: Radio Volume

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Unhappy Radio Volume

Whilst setting the bosses clock I was tinkering with the radio in her car, the volume doesn't go any higher than 45%. is this to limit over modulation or to protect cheap speakers? I would think a system with an output of 140 watts should be able to go to 100%. Now, I was listening to the CD player and not the radio but I would think it would be the same on either input. Does anyones radio go to 100% or is 45 the max? Thanks in advance.
    Carl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Whilst setting the bosses clock I was tinkering with the radio in her car, the volume doesn't go any higher than 45%. is this to limit over modulation or to protect cheap speakers? I would think a system with an output of 140 watts should be able to go to 100%. Now, I was listening to the CD player and not the radio but I would think it would be the same on either input. Does anyones radio go to 100% or is 45 the max? Thanks in advance.
    Carl
    The volume level displayed is not a percentage of the full power. It's just an arbitrary number so you have an idea of what the volume of the speakers will be.

Level 45 is 100%.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ahintofpepperjack For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ahintofpepperjack, thanks for your reply, have a great one!