I'm wondering how many people have thought about doing this? Its not an uncommon complaint that road noise and wind noise are louder in the Mirage than other vehicles. However, its also quite easy to add additional sound deadening to the interior, and even to the exterior.

Has anyone identified where the majority of the noise comes from? The wheel wells? The A-pillars?

I've heard of people using spray on rubberized undercoating (like this example on AMAZO N) in their wheel wells with good results. This reduces tire and road noise a bit. A spray can only costs a little bit of money. All you do is remove the tire, cover up the brake stuff, clean the wheel well and spray it on. Very easy.

It would also be really great if someone could pull back their carpet to see where the OEM sound deadening is placed. However, I don't see anyone doing this unless they are going to add sound deadening material. Adding additional dynamat or similar product (there are many) in key areas could really help out.