Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to do UBER in my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Ares, I'm afraid I don't know how Uber works, isn't it just a private car taxi service? Help me out here!!
    Riders and drivers use an Uber App. You can only hail an Uber by using the App. Everyone who uses the app must register and tie a bank account or credit card to it. Also every rider and driver has reviews from other riders and drivers.

If you were ever robbed by a rider, it would be very easy to find the assailant. The rider's uber account is tied to his/her bank account/email address/and phone number.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ahintofpepperjack, thank you for the information, I didn't know that was the way Uber worked, however I can see a bogus address and a burner phone to beat the system as most all crooks do. I'm sorry but thirty years with the city PD has made me rather cynical! Best of luck on the cab service!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ahintofpepperjack, thank you for the information, I didn't know that was the way Uber worked, however I can see a bogus address and a burner phone to beat the system as most all crooks do. I'm sorry but thirty years with the city PD has made me rather cynical! Best of luck on the cab service!
    Uber only works with smartphones, and your uber account is tied to a phone number, not the phone. It'd be a large investment to rob a driver. You'd have to get a smartphone and sign up for a new phone number. And it would only work once because the riders are still reviewed by the drivers. Also, the account is tied to a credit card, and only one Uber account per card is allowed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ahintofpepperjack, thanks for the info, I stand (actually I'm sitting) corrected, sounds pretty safe, good luck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes the fact that you don't carry cash or deal in cash makes it so much safer, drivers don't have to carry any money, which money always makes them a target!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let me be the "nay sayer" so you get held up and you don't have cash so the punk waste you so there are no witnesses. I hope you will be as safe as you think you are going to be with this venture. Good luck and make a bunch of money!

Thanks
    Too many hoops for the thief to jump through in order to HOPE the driver is carrying significant cash. Thieves like the no risk high reward scenarios, not really the type that passes the smell test for riders. Not impossible by any stretch but seems to be fairly well vetted.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes this is true! I was hoping to get my vehicle inspection done today but the icky rain all day has kept my Mirage safe in the garage haha! Going to do a quick coat of wax on it and rain x before it get the next 5 days of rain

Will be going Friday to get my inspection done hopefully!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Jim, I admire your fortitude, you and Ares just be careful.
    I haven't driven Taxi in a few years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have also considered driving for uber. I have had my vehicle inspected and could start driving right now. I just haven't fired up the app yet.