Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to do UBER in my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Looking to do UBER in my Mirage

I know my Mirage may not get high marks from the H&R springs installed haha, but I really am thinking about trying it to see how it would be, the nearest city is reading, 37 miles away but harrisburg is 45 miles away and all highway just about.

I applied for uber just need to get my car inspected to get processed and hired on. Should be able to do that tomorrow afternoon.

Has anybody else with a Mirage done Uber? I might be the first haha, I could use the extra money and enjoy driving, they say guys with smaller cars make the best money.. and my Mirage will dominate the "very good" honda fit in mpg. It's nice that you make your own hours as well.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Interesting idea.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sounds like a good way to make some extra money. Be sure to keep us updated on how it goes!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've actually applied and gotten through the background checks, and my Partner account was activated. But, my work schedule changed, and I'm pulling 6 days a week now. When my hours stabilize, I'll see about turning the app on a couple days a week.

Uber seems more legit than Lyft, and Lyft didn't have any service in my area, so Uber seems the better option.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guys, I don't mean to throw a wet towel in on your idea of becoming a taxi. As a retired police officer with my last 16 years in homicide I can't begin to tell you how many robberies that became a homicide. The only way to do this and be safe is to put a bullet proof partition between you and the customer with a intercom front to back.

Think about it, you get dispatched to a seedy part of town, or really just about anywhere these days for one to two males that are only out to make some money and NOT leaving any witnesses. Should you decide to undertake this venture please think about the loved ones that will miss you. Just Sayin'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cchataway For This Useful Post:

Don (05-27-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove Taxi on the night shift for a few years in Pontiac, Mi. I was successively robbed once. I had many more who tried , but failed. I had my life threatened many times. I loved the job though. I'm a people person and loved the excitement ( when there was some ). I could write a book on my experiences.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im looking to do the same thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Guys, I don't mean to throw a wet towel in on your idea of becoming a taxi. As a retired police officer with my last 16 years in homicide I can't begin to tell you how many robberies that became a homicide. The only way to do this and be safe is to put a bullet proof partition between you and the customer with a intercom front to back.

Think about it, you get dispatched to a seedy part of town, or really just about anywhere these days for one to two males that are only out to make some money and NOT leaving any witnesses. Should you decide to undertake this venture please think about the loved ones that will miss you. Just Sayin'
    Do you even know how uber works?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Jim, I admire your fortitude, you and Ares just be careful.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ares, I'm afraid I don't know how Uber works, isn't it just a private car taxi service? Help me out here!!