Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing AC from timing belt

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    How on Earth did you get such an efficiency?? Did you figure out gravity inversion or something?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I didnt know the water pump was driven by the accessory belt.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can find a belt that would only power the alternator.

Guess old dogs can learn new tricks?
    You planning on the cooling system working on the thermosiphon principle like a Model T Ford (no water pump).

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    How on Earth did you get such an efficiency?? Did you figure out gravity inversion or something?
    Not yet. That was a recent trip home from work on memorial day. Thanks to almost non existent traffic plus the wind was blowing the 'wrong' way.
    98% of the time when I head west after work (to the house) I drive into head wind. That day the wind was from east so I was trying to see if I can make the display show dashes by the end of the 28 mile trip (100 plus mpg). Well that's how far i got. (Coasting down to very slow speeds)

But to stay on topic,when the A/C compressor is not engaged, the engine only has to turn the pulley which free spins on a pretty nice bearing.
    Yes that takes some energy but so little resistance that the engine doesn't even know it's there. Like others already mentioned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

deleted user (05-30-2015),R01k (05-31-2015)