Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage cracked 100+ MPG on a 20 mile round trip!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The street in front of my house is 75 feet elevation. My brothers house, 20 miles east on tidal water, is about 11 feet after they jacked it up and we built a new foundation under it. It had knee deep tidal water in it before during Isabel, built 1939. Going west the elevation variations increase, until you can coast two miles, to the mountains where you can coast as many as 6. coming down either side on certain roads. Around Fredericksburg the elevation changes are in the hundreds of feet, thousands in the mountains 2 hours west.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    3Dplane!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome!!!!!!!!! It's nice to know you can do this if you whant too!!!! Mine did that and I was driving under 55mph I think mine said 78.9 that thrills me to death!!!! Because there's times you don't feel like driving so fast. You like to take your time. And get out of the rat race we live in and enjoy your mirage
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    3Dplane!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome!!!!!!!!! It's nice to know you can do this if you whant too!!!! Mine did that and I was driving under 55mph I think mine said 78.9 that thrills me to death!!!! Because there's times you don't feel like driving so fast. You like to take your time. And get out of the rat race we live in and enjoy your mirage
    You got that right! I work at a high stress level environment where everything is rushed,hurry up,is it done yet? And it gets to me so feeling the same pressure on the way home in traffic sucks and I am very particular to chill out on my last leg going home.

I will even pull over to let cars go by that I know they are not going to pass me despite a wide open country road.
    Wait on the roadside until I see nobody else coming then I will coast my butt home silently while looking at cows on the country side to calm down before I get home. It's just a personal mental thing for me!

But you are right enjoying one's vehicle to most people means burning rubber, cutting people off in traffic and generally driving like they are about to crap in their pants and need to make it to the rest room asap.

Since the Mirage is not good at that,we enjoy other qualities of our cars that they don't have

Thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You are so wright!! I drive for a living 5 days a week for the last 23 years and when I get off work the last thing I whant to do is drive fast like I'm in a big Hurry For What? It just stresses me out even more. And I've made up my mind I'm Not Driving my Mirage like a Race Car to Ruin it because everybody else is in a Big Hurry for nothing !! So what I do is I'll take the back roads that way I can Drive the speed I Whant to. And if they don't like it I pull off and let them go. Thankfully I don't Drive my mirage to work. I drive it on the wk end. And drive my focus to work .
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daaayyyyum, over 100?

And I was proud of myself today for getting the meter to read 66 mpg!

You're right about most people cutting people off and burning rubber. I don't even understand what speed limit signs are for anymore b/c I'm in the 'slow lane' all the way to the right going +5 over the speed limit and most of the time the guy behind me is still following at a close distance to try and goad me into going faster. Hate it.

-Charlie-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-12-2022)