Thread: Indonesia owner review (Mirage GLS CVT)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Indonesia owner review (Mirage GLS CVT)

After owning Mirage GLS (matic) a few days, I drove 200km today over mountaineous (sp?) area. Mixed situation: speeding on highway, ascending& descending, total traffic jam and stop'n go traffic. I got in average 8L/100 km on the indicator or around 12km/L. Had 2 passengers, my wife and teenage daughter. Best average when speeding on highway: 7.6L/100km.

What I really like is the B gear, it was very useful in getting the engine break without pressing the brake pedal. It made a lot of difference and very useful when you are descending in relatively high speed ~60km/h, else you keep accelerating if using D and use the brake, risking of overheating the brake (happened to me once with a friend's car).

Since the engine roared a bit, i guess the fuel consumption was not very efficient, but descending - should be the opposite right ?

The rest, my wfife and daughter liked the ride, the suspension is quite soft & comfortable. The turning radius is also magnificent, the shortest so far (my other car is Honda Jazz). They think the engine sound with B gear is a bit 'worrying'.. well, thats the sound, right ?

well i guess that's my review...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arsu For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-06-2013)

Thanks for the review, arsu!

Since the engine roared a bit, i guess the fuel consumption was not very efficient, but descending - should be the opposite right ?
    Did you use B mode going up the hills as well? That would give you more RPM/power for climbing, but would also increase fuel consumption. When you're decending hills in B mode, it's possible (likely) the engine is not burning any fuel at all. (Depending on the RPM.)

So you're happy with the suspension and handling? It seems to be the biggest issue with the car - some people think it's too soft.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: now that you have your Mirage, you should make a garage entry!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the review, arsu!

Did you use B mode going up the hills as well? That would give you more RPM/power for climbing, but would also increase fuel consumption. When you're decending hills in B mode, it's possible (likely) the engine is not burning any fuel at all. (Depending on the RPM.)

So you're happy with the suspension and handling? It seems to be the biggest issue with the car - some people think it's too soft.
    yeah i did use B when ascending, but the engine noise was a bit loud, then i switched to D, not a problem. I guess B better to be used in steeper terrain and at lower speed.

i am happy with suspension, since the road in Indonesia are uneven everywhere, sometimes you got potholes, uneven filling etc. that helps a bit. i compared with honda jazz, the ground clearance is lower, the suspension is stiffer. i guess this fits better with 'sporty' drivers, although you got back pain easily in uneven terrain.

Metro: garage ? it is as standard as stock

Sure! The garage isn't meant for modified cars only. It's nice to see the whole "fleet" belonging to members.

I still haven't seen a Mirage in person yet - I like looking at all the photos!

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Sure! The garage isn't meant for modified cars only. It's nice to see the whole "fleet" belonging to members.

I still haven't seen a Mirage in person yet - I like looking at all the photos!
    Done !

Btw, I just noticed that you can change the display instead of L/100 km to km/L, which is more familiar for us in indonesia. Just press the button around 5 secs...it will give you options..

I got 18.6 km/l, highway test drive around 30 km. Speed around 60-80km/hrs
    Name:  mileage.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  15.1 KB