Thread: Oil viscosity?

Country
    Turkey
    Thanks

Oil viscosity?

Hello from Turkey, i have a mirage g4 (name is Attrage here) nearly at 110.000 km. I am still using 0w-20 engine oil without any problems.
    Some local suppliers and mechanics claim that i should switch to thicker oils suchs as 5w30 or 0w30. Hovewer i still wanna go on with 0w20 viscosity due to its contribution to reduction in fuel consumption.
    My question is will i have any problems if i still use 0w20 oil after 150.000 km s.?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Modern engines don't typically wear like old school carbureted engines did back in the day. I've run the factory recommended oil type in engines with 350,000km without adverse effects. The only reason to run a thicker oil would be to quiet it down a bit. I haven't found this to help with any thing I've run. In my opinion, switching to a thicker oil at high mileage is an old hot rod wive's tale, and needs to die with all the other tales like "you need back pressure to make power" and "long tube headers kill low end torque"
    '17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

Country
    Turkey
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_Daddy_Patty View Post
    Modern engines don't typically wear like old school carbureted engines did back in the day. I've run the factory recommended oil type in engines with 350,000km without adverse effects. The only reason to run a thicker oil would be to quiet it down a bit. I haven't found this to help with any thing I've run. In my opinion, switching to a thicker oil at high mileage is an old hot rod wive's tale, and needs to die with all the other tales like "you need back pressure to make power" and "long tube headers kill low end torque"
    Thanks a lot!