Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fog lights on with hi beams?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    Change the foglamp settings on etacs to independent foglamp. It will enable your foglamp to work with parker light.
    Remind me again, how one accesses etacs? I know there was a thread about it...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My new ES has the OEM fog lights, and now I'm wanting to change the settings myself. I want the fog lights to fill in the areas the high beams don't light up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    The Mirage headlights I think are pretty good but I can certainly understand the need for a little more oomph in the lighting department to make night driving safer. According to the owners manual each headlight has a 10 amp breaker. That's actually quite good. Also good news is that the Mirage uses a standard H4/HB2 headlight bulb. There are a ton of lighting upgrades for H4 bulbs. The only thing that worries me is that the headlight wiring uses what looks like to be 20 awg wiring. Although you could technically push a 80/100 wattage H4 because at 100 watts on high beam you're drawing 8.3 amps and not blow the fuse I would be more concerned about melting the connector and possibly melting the headlight or both. I wouldn't go over about 70/75 watts to be safe.

A really great selection of bulbs is here: http://www.rallylights.com/all/lights/light-bulbs/hb2

You can get cheaper bulbs but nothing beats Hella, Narva, Osram/Philips for quality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)