Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fog lights on with hi beams?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

fog lights on with hi beams?

anyone figured out yet how to keep the fog lights on with the high beams on?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No, in fact when the dealer activated my foglight function on etacs I was a little surprised that mine would only come on with my low beams.
    I always thought the foglights being dimmer and lower than the main headlights were the way that we got more light on the road and less being reflected off the fog and back into our eyes.....in fact the fog rarely will come down to ground level and the foglights will get under it and show the shoulder of the road.
    Back in the day I always set up my foglights to work independently from the main headlights so I wouldn't be blinded for that reason.
    Just my two cents worth...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Strange, must be set up different in different countries. My fog lights come on with parkers, and low beam. And stay on with high beam as well.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    No, in fact when the dealer activated my foglight function on etacs I was a little surprised that mine would only come on with my low beams.
    I always thought the foglights being dimmer and lower than the main headlights were the way that we got more light on the road and less being reflected off the fog and back into our eyes.....in fact the fog rarely will come down to ground level and the foglights will get under it and show the shoulder of the road.
    Back in the day I always set up my foglights to work independently from the main headlights so I wouldn't be blinded for that reason.
    Just my two cents worth...
    I think you just explained why the high beams don't stay on -- they will reflect off the fog and make it harder to see. I think that some jurisdictions don't even allow the low beams when the fog lights are on. BTW, I like the fact that the fog lights go off when the ignition is turned off. Many people here drive with their fog lights on all the time. Combined with headlights, they cause glare for oncoming drivers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Strange, must be set up different in different countries. My fog lights come on with parkers, and low beam. And stay on with high beam as well.
    I want that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In some places, the fog/driving lights are treated as high beams and can only be used with the high beams. Right now I'm working on installing a set of AutoZone fog lights, but taking a break while I figure out the best way to slip a wire through the firewall.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Change the foglamp settings on etacs to independent foglamp. It will enable your foglamp to work with parker light.
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to satria_wr For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-07-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    I think you just explained why the high beams don't stay on -- they will reflect off the fog and make it harder to see. I think that some jurisdictions don't even allow the low beams when the fog lights are on. BTW, I like the fact that the fog lights go off when the ignition is turned off. Many people here drive with their fog lights on all the time. Combined with headlights, they cause glare for oncoming drivers.
    Ya, that was my intent,I couldn't understand why one would want the high beams on in fog, In fact I would prefer that my low beams not come on with the fog lights at all.....I should go back to the dealer to have them change mine but that would probably cost me more $

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I want that.
    My guess would be to ask Mits service if they can enable it?

Also foglights will work with parker and low, driving lights are high beam operated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the great advice, the reason I want them on with the high beams is for deer at night, not so much for fog.My Tacoma was easy, swap 2 wires on the relay, I looked last night and all fuses and relays have power to them with the highs on. I have adjusted the lights up a bit and need the fogs to fill in with high beam on.