Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    See this article, Anti-Roll Bars and Torsion Beam Rear Suspensions, Part 1.

In a torsion-beam setup such as that in the rear of the Mirage, the torsion beam itself acts as the sway bar. The UR sway bar acts by adding stiffness to the torsion beam, increasing the anti-roll effect.
    That's an interesting article - Thank you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pureflipking View Post
    most sway bars doesn't mount onto the chassis (cars with rear torsion beam), unless the car has independent rear suspension, then the bar would need stability while maintaining its torsional strength.

this type of sway bar doesnt need to be mounted on to the chassis because of the torsion beam being straight in the center. This bar acts more of a support than an actual bar itself.. However, i do wish it had greater strength or at least a 21mm in thickness. The car still has sways for a light weighted car.
    You'll find most of the swaying is from the crazy soft rear springs.
    Still rear springs or coilovers give rid of most of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I inquired from Ultra Racing and they referred my inquiry to a Florida shop NextGenTuning.com. Apparently they are the US distributor.

I asked them "how much?" but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know of another supplier?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Throwdown Performance is the only other Ultra Racing distributor here in the US.

If you give Next Gen a little time he'll get back to you. He gets quite busy. I've worked with him several times on the forum (and other forums we run) on group buys. Sometimes hes real quick, sometimes hes really not.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Someone else has already posted the eBay link. Ultra Racing has all of these parts up for sale there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clh333 View Post
    I inquired from Ultra Racing and they referred my inquiry to a Florida shop NextGenTuning.com. Apparently they are the US distributor.

I asked them "how much?" but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know of another supplier?
    Evan at NextGenTuning located in Clearwater, FL just installed my Ultra Racing rear sway bar two days ago. I would give him a call as his shop number is listed online (Google). It does take a bit for shipping from Malaysia, but the price was right and the performance increase is insane! Check out my garage for pics.

I am definitely about to give him a deposit to order the front strut brace and front lower 4 point chassis brace.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post
    Someone else has already posted the eBay link. Ultra Racing has all of these parts up for sale there.
    Of the two rear bars, which would you do first? Which makes the greater difference, in other words?

Still haven't heard from NextGenTuning, BTW. He may not be interested since I'm nowhere near Clearwater.
    Think I'll go with the eBay supplier. Thanks for the tip.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The rear sway bar (UR-AR19-422), as pointed out earlier in this thread, would be the best. However, it seems that they're not sold out of those. They're not listed anymore.

But check out this thread.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is there a spot for New Jersey, or the area for these UR bars??
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    Is there a spot for New Jersey, or the area for these UR bars??
    Just email Ultra Racing and they will give you the closest reseller's information. That's how I found NextGenTuning. They will ship bars just call their shop number or email them. They even have a FB lol

1715 S Missouri Ave #4, Clearwater, FL 33756

nextgentuning.com

(727) 230-3333

https://www.facebook.com/NextGenTuningcom/