Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    BC Racing BR Series Coilovers now available for the Mirage. I am told they are much better than TEINS solution for the Mirage.
    $995 boy that's expensive. I suppose that's going to lower the car as well. I would be concerned about making alignment problems worse with this or any other suspension modifications.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    BC Racing in general are amazing coilovers. They are probably the best coilovers on the market for the Mirage. Unfortunately, they are way too expensive for the Mirage.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

HitShane (03-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    $995 boy that's expensive. I suppose that's going to lower the car as well. I would be concerned about making alignment problems worse with this or any other suspension modifications.
    Yes they are fully adjustable. You wouldn't have to drop it, but you could if you wanted. In the picture it shows you the tools (that come with it) to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/NextGenTuningcom/?fref=ts

http://www.nextgentuning.com/

Name:  yep.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  101.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    BC Racing in general are amazing coilovers. They are probably the best coilovers on the market for the Mirage. Unfortunately, they are way too expensive for the Mirage.
    Well I spent $1k on my wheels and tires for my Mirage. After 15k miles my stock struts and springs are already getting soft. This would stiffen that right up and allow me to lose an inch or two without worrying about rubbing issues over bumps. I do drive my car for a living though and basically track it all day long. This would be an ideal upgrade for me... After the wheels, tires, UR bars, and this suspension; I'm sure I would get a much better private sale down the road than trade in value. Either way $1k for a 400% better ride is completely worth it for me

If Shipping from Across the world would hurry up I would have my front lower and upper braces on right now too! Review and pics to come!!!
    Last edited by HitShane; 03-31-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    What do you think of this style of rear sway bars? Pic is not mine just found from Thai group.

Name:  FB_IMG_1515408255106.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  FB_IMG_1515408236594.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  44.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Isn't that a torsion bar instead of a sway bar?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    looks like this

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    They're really the same thing for the most part.

A torsion beam suspension is what the Mirage has as is stock on the rear end. A anti-roll bar, or sway bar is an independent bar that limits roll.

What is the main difference between a torsion bar and a anti-roll bar in vehicles?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm curious what the endlinks are bolted to with that setup. I'm pretty sure that would have an impact on how effective this swaybar design is. I would almost think the swaybar should be flipped around, with the endlinks attached to the rear suspension and the bar attached to the body.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    I'm curious what the endlinks are bolted to with that setup. I'm pretty sure that would have an impact on how effective this swaybar design is. I would almost think the swaybar should be flipped around, with the endlinks attached to the rear suspension and the bar attached to the body.
    They're probably mounted to the same holes that the hitch gets attached to. It would be quite easy to run a bolt into a plate, insert into frame rail access hole and the add a 90 degree bracket that would attach to the end link. 99% sure that's what was done with the above bar.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone have any idea the best way to go about getting these in the USA in 2020? I'm considering getting coilovers to improve the handling/stability of the car, and would like to get the strut braces to help stabilize things. Especially in the rear, where removing the existing springs would be getting rid of (what is probably) a main source of structural support the car is designed around.