Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust (my wrecked / totaled Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dang, well at least you're ok. Those wheels look great on there. Are they older honda civic rims?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the money to buy it back, as any money I have would need to go into finding a replacement car. I've found a couple blue 5-speeds at a couple dealers, so I could go and get one with the color I originally wanted, but I'm having a financial debate with myself. I've spent $3500 on this car in payments alone in the 13 months I've had it, which is more than 5x what I paid for my last car that ran for three years. I absolutely loved this car, but the payments have really been something I wished I didn't have.

And yes, I know it's my own fault, though I almost want to say the trips to the training center for my job are cursed. Every time I went before, there was some kind of near miss with other drivers almost hitting me, as it was dead rush hour morning and afternoon on I66-E and the DC beltway, said to be some of the worst traffic in the country, and it's only getting worse as the population grows. I had someone drive the wrong way across an intersection and head straight for me while I was sitting at a red light, and it would have ended with exactly the same damage.

I'm just shocked that it happened in literally one single second. I've always been a careful driver and leave plenty of space between myself and the car in front of me. I'm always being passed by other cars for driving too slow. But like they say, a second is all it takes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I'd almost hope for it being totaled. Being such a lightly-built car, I doubt it would ever be the same were it to be repaired.

Having owned many a Craigslist beater, I do understand the appeal versus a payment. But I do hope you soldier on and get another Mirage!

And hey...the rebates on new Mirages have never been better! Almost wish I had waited another six months to get mine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I do feel like I overpaid for mine. This is one I found nearby, actually at the closest Mitsu dealer and near the body shop my car was taken to, although this dealer is known for not being that good. http://www.malloymitsubishi.com/new/...b363521d9a.htm
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 06-18-2015 at 01:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    Yeah, I do feel like I overpaid for mine. This is one I found nearby, actually at the closest Mitsu dealer and near the body shop my car was taken to, although this dealert is known for not being that good. http://www.malloymitsubishi.com/new/...b363521d9a.htm
    That looks like one HELLUVA deal! It's new, I assume? Under $10k for a new DE with alloys and the Protection Pack?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's with all possible rebates, including some I wouldn't be eligible for, like the military one. I'm also considering this: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5072117975.html

Update: Final verdict is a total loss. Now I need to track down some cheap steelies ASAP to slap on the car so I can save my Civic VX wheels.

That blue DE 5-speed is either 14,612.35 OTD w/ 0% for 72 Months OR $2000 rebate making it 12,612.35 OTD with regular financing. So basically, same amount as my loan balance on a 2014 with 64 miles.
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 06-18-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Doh, sorry to hear about the accident, but glad everyone is okay.

The grass is always greener though. If you drive the CL beater, you want something more reliable, less noisy, more comfy, not needing to make repairs. If you go with the new Mirage you want no payment. Good luck on your choice.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take a look at TrueCar either dot com or app. They have some good pricing

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Rip me off the passenger foglight please... JK.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to see and Hear that!!! But I'm glad your ok. Hopefully they will fix it. If not we hope you get another Mirage. That helped me pay close attention to my driving.

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)