Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust (my wrecked / totaled Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, it's unbelievable how fast an accident happens. After almost wrecking my car in exactly the same way several times, I promised myself to never text while driving and talk briefly only through bluetooth if totally needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll be removing all of my aftermarket parts on Monday, and they'll be taking it away on Wednesday. I've pulled a bunch off already, but on Monday I'll be reclaiming the VX wheels, Tein springs, front struts (the original blown ones are going back in, no one will notice), UR strut tower brace, K&N air filter, beam-style wipers, magnetic drain plugs, and aero bits.

I've always been a cautious and attentive driver and watch crash videos to remind myself why I drive so slow everywhere. Hurts like hell that I lost my car and the lady I bumped only has minor bumper scuffing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad everyone's okay!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Glad you are ok. I can relate to the airbag smell lingering, took me several days to get over that. The 'acoustic trauma' (slight ringing in ear) still persists, however, only one ear and barely noticeable. Gets better over time. You may want to check with your doctor, those airbags are loud and it's difficult to remember how loud once it's over.
    Hope you get another Mirage.
    Last edited by tomrad; 06-19-2015 at 03:00 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any interest in selling the rims/strut brace or k&n filter?
    Last edited by Jibles; 06-19-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Go Get that Blue Mirage!!!!! That's the Best thing to Do!!! Or search for a cheeper Mirage that you can Go Get!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cani Lupine,,,, I Feel your pain !! And regrett ! But if it was Me I would be in Regret untill I replaced my Mirage with another one! That's what I've already decided if mine gets totaled they are replaceing my Mirage with another one! I hope that's what you do since you had the gap insurance .
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the prices that dealer quoted do include all applicable taxes and title fees, so that price with the $2000 rebate would basically match my current loan balance, and I'd be erasing 14,900 miles with a new color and a couple extra options. I still need to figure out the insurance side and how much my rates will jump. I have large accident forgiveness on my Progressive policy for being with them for 5 years, but I'll still be losing a couple discounts ("Five Year Accident Free" and "Three Year Safe Driving").

My heart definitely wants the blue Mirage, but my wallet is pulling me back. I'm gonna take a bit of time to decide which way to go. If I end up not buying the new one, I'll definitely be putting the aftermarket parts for sale (except the VX wheels, those are keepers).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd say if your budget has room for it, but that blue mirage. Looks like a great deal. But if you decide to pass shoot me a pm about the air filter and strut bar.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the dealer that has that blue Mirage is pretty shady. The photos on the website show alloy wheels, but the actual vehicle on the lot has steelies. The guy tried to pass it off, saying "That's not something we do," and "when the light shines on the hubcaps, they do look like alloys." Sorry, you can't see rusted brake rotors behind steel wheels easily.

If I end up not getting it, I'll be putting the following items up for sale:
    Ultra Racing front strut tower brace
    K&N air filter
    Tein H.Tech springs, direct from Japan
    OEM front struts, 2k miles on them, includes dust boots
    Rare earth magnet transmission drain plug (keeping the oil one, since it will fit the transmission of the Aspire I'm looking at)
    6 quarts of hard-to-find Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20
    1 quart Pennzoil Platinum 0w20
    (Turns out the filters would fit the Aspire, too, so those are keepers)
    Rain-x Quantum wiper blade set

Name:  IMG_4266.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  95.5 KB

Last edited by Cani Lupine; 06-23-2015 at 12:18 AM.