Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greddy drain plug upgrade

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Greddy drain plug upgrade

Finally decided to get one of these... Found it on ebay and sent a offer of 14.00 and the seller took it! Witha new crush washer and free shipping that's one heck of a deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201371504005

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Did you verify the thread pitch and diameter?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No.. rock auto listed M14 1.5 as the replacement size
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    No.. rock auto listed M14 1.5 as the replacement size
    I see. Well if you can verify fitment (seeing as you already ordered the part) please let us know if all goes well. Many people are looking for anything they can stick on the car, including myself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the one I bought: http://tinyurl.com/n45c9mj

Name:  M119130893.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  24.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installed!! It looked so tiny and thought oh no it's not going to work, I didn't do a full oil change just swapped the drain plug and filter from Mitsubishi to a wix. The dealership over filled by a quart so it took a bit of draining to get it level. A little above 1/16 inch over the full mark put me right on full when the car was lowered and level.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  88.6 KB

Oem is 17MM and this is 14MM but it does have a decent size bolt head and torque spec is so light on this plug as long as a new crush washer is used there will not be any leaking issues.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes there is much speculation on this! I found a tiny bit of metal on my new greddy drain plug this oil change 2 weeks or so ago. I also added hard drive magnets to my oil filter. Does it work? Who knows but I like to do what I can. I also have magnetic drain plug in my trans-axle.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Magnetic drain plugs

Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Yes there is much speculation on this! I found a tiny bit of metal on my new greddy drain plug this oil change 2 weeks or so ago. I also added hard drive magnets to my oil filter. Does it work? Who knows but I like to do what I can. I also have magnetic drain plug in my trans-axle.
    I too have used magnets, they make me feel good at least.
    Please report your findings on your trans-axle drain plug.

Also, which lube did you put in your trans-axle, and did you notice a difference in the shifting .

Thanks.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3A92driver View Post
    I too have used magnets, they make me feel good at least.
    Please report your findings on your trans-axle drain plug.

Also, which lube did you put in your trans-axle, and did you notice a difference in the shifting .

Thanks.
    I think we can safely assume that magnets stuck on the outside of a filter canister will do absolutely nothing to attract metal particles inside the filter. The magnetic field is prevented from entering the oil by the steel canister itself. I can see the idea working if the filter had a non ferrous housing....but then the magnets wouldn't stick anyways...

Regular oil changes are probably your best insurance, along with one of the better quality filters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ESpecially frugal hatch 1.2 manual: 49.3 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)