Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Mirage Success Surprising Even to Mitsubishi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Nice! I love reading about how people say a 3 cylinder car will never sell well in America and it will fail. I also like reading about how my Mirage is a throwaway car and putting quality oil and filters on it is a waste of money when people with Sparks are actually having engine problems and we've only had 1 engine problem I have seen so far and 98% of us have had no engine issues. People will find something to talk bad about... for 13K ES 5 speed... what more could you ever want for that money?
    Exactamundo!

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The thing I most go by for acceleration/power is whether I can "compete" on the highway. By this I mean merging onto the highway and passing/changing lanes. In my opinion my Mirage does very good! Certainly as good as heavier 4 cylinders I've owned. Namely the Honda Fit and the older Pontiac Grand Am. The car is NOT underpowered for its weight.

We should all be very happy with the success of the Mirage/Mitsubishi. Knowing the car will be supported in the future really feels good!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    These are both good articles, though the authors continue to downplay the standard features and option s available on these cars. It seems that the automotive press is finally starting to 'get it' when it comes to the Mirage.

Q: How much horsepower and sophistication does the average frugal person need to propel their ass from point A to point B?

A: Not very much!

I personally think the 'horsepower race' in normal, non-performance-oriented cars nowadays is really ridiculous, and sales of the Mirage indicate that at least some other people seem to agree. New cars nowadays, even those marketed as 'the family sedan', are increasingly huge, heavy, complex, expensive, and over-powered. Most people only actually use a tiny fraction of the horsepower their car has when they drive daily. Unless they spend all their time racing Corvettes for pinks or something...

I mean, does your 57-year-old mother really NEED a 268 horsepower....CAMRY?? Yes...a 2015 Camry V6 has 268 horsepower! That is 10% more horsepower than a 1990 Corvette had! It's absurd.

Seems the automotive intelligentsia is seeing the light. Slowly.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 06-25-2015 at 12:00 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (06-28-2015),davidricardo86 (06-29-2015),MetroMPG (06-25-2015),Wayne (06-28-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have to take my wifes Sorento out occasionally, with her raising cain while I floor it. It looks like a diesel, but clears up quickly. Direct injection so I give it regular doses of techron (Chevron) fuel additive.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cobrajet,,,,, you and I think a lot alike!!! I've. Been saying the same thing from day one!! If you watch any advertiseing on tv it's How much Power the car has!!! Or how fast it will go from the Stop sign!!! The Camery commeral makes me sick the lady being a wild race driver like everyone does that down the freeway!!!and that car is a family sedan with kids in the car and Driving like a Wild idiot? And the Altima advertisement is the same!!!! Driving so FAST like everyone is on a race Track!!! It's crazy!!! And so if the Mirage Don't BURN Rubber at the Stop sign people don't think it's a good car!! That's what the consumer reporters Push !!!! Then They Wonder Why is there So Many Accidents on the Freeway??????Dah Dah!!!!! Thier going so Darn Fast they Can't stop Fast enough!!!!!! Or they are Glued to their Cell Phone! That's why when I got my Mirage I couldn't understand why they said it didn't have power! Out on I 5 they drive like wild idiots!!! We are the smart ones who value life and enjoy driving
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

More than a few owners of the 1.2L Mirage would gladly have taken the less powerful 1.0L engine if it were available here.

Thread: Poll: 1.0L Mirage engine = 7.5% better fuel economy. Would you choose it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wouldnt take a smaller engine in my mirage. I find the currently enough....i wouldnt be sad for a few more horses.

But saying that. Im glad people are finally catching on!! I fell in love with this car for all the reasons listed.

And ive even ised it to haul materials and car parts!!

My list of things carried are
    turbo 350 tranny.
    350 engine with rotating assy
    wood stacked 3/4 to the roof.

Best money ever spent. Its not perfect but for the price its perfect

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm in for a 1.0 mirage haha I hope they make a limited edition Eco model like the xfi metro in the USA

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

That would be too awesome. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

I believe 10% of Metros sold were XFi's. But they sold a lot more Metros than they're selling Mirages.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi is doing what the other car companies are not doing - and that's producing what people truly need. I didn't want a used car because I have a long drive to work. I also needed a low payment and the best mpg I could get. Mirage is exactly what I needed.
    Common sense, reliable, practical car. Like the VW Bug, old Chrysler import Colt/Champ, etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (06-29-2015),debburyl (06-26-2015)