Thread: Just bought today

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Just bought today

Hi everyone I just bought my first new car ever a 2015 Mirage. I have been reading on here how everyone would like to be able to keep that ECO light on...anyone know how to shut the thing off? I find it annoying that light going on and off constantly I'm not super concerned about pinching every penny out of the gas mileage I drive conservatively...I am about to put a piece of electrical tape over it : ) !!!!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can't turn it off , just live with it and just don't pay any attention to it as you should be paying attention to the road to begin with.

Happy Driving

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!!!! What color did you get? You will have to send us some pictures. As to the Eco light just don't pay any attention to that light. After a while it won't bug you. But the other lights you do need to pay attention to. Enjoy the forum
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Welcome!!!! What color did you get? You will have to send us some pictures. As to the Eco light just don't pay any attention to that light. After a while it won't bug you. But the other lights you do need to pay attention to. Enjoy the forum
    Sapphire Blue..I love the car so far...got the manual...cvt was noisy at 35 mph was winding out too high rpms and sluggish???...after rebates and a crazy drag push or pull it in trade in for 2660 dollars got it for under 10 grand...gave them my 1990 accord that died last week...I am a serious happy camper : ) !!!!! ( the manual shifts so smooth I don't mind it )

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Different people have different quirks, my Honda accord had a green light like that for sport mode on the tranny...so for 17 years I didn't use sport mode. I find bright green lights on my dash annoying. blinking on and off is even worse. And I haven't had an accident or ticket in 25 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Different people have different quirks, my Honda accord had a green light like that for sport mode on the tranny...so for 17 years I didn't use sport mode. I find bright green lights on my dash annoying. blinking on and off is even worse. And I haven't had an accident or ticket in 25 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by upflyer View Post
    You can't turn it off , just live with it and just don't pay any attention to it as you should be paying attention to the road to begin with.

Happy Driving

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats,,,,, that's my Color also!!! I call mine Bluejellybean !! Lol that's Great you got them down that low!! You can't beat that with the 10yr warraunty you got a steal!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Congrats and welcome to the forum.I haven't heard of anyone shutting off the light... a little square of electrical tape may be your best bet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)