Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just brought it home

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Just brought it home

I purchased a 2015 ES with the CVT today. Meet "Onyx", 32 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. The closest Mitsubishi dealer is about 120 miles one way from me here on the Southern Oregon Coast. 45.5 mpg on the drive home according to the computer. Hot day in the Willamette Valley (mid 90's) and the car is black so definite use of the a/c all the way home. CVT was great, does a great job keeping the rpm's as low as possible especially with the cruise control on. Hybrid mpg for half the cost of a hybrid. Loving it. I owned 5 Geo Metros over the years and the Mirage is light years ahead the Metro.
    Name:  IMG_20150627_130746_hdr.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  94.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

debburyl (06-28-2015),ThunderG (06-28-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome!

Great looking car, brother. Having owned half a dozen Metros over the last 15 years, I certainly concur with your assessment.

My '15 5-speed ES Mirage replaced a '97 Metro hatchback, my girlfriend's '14 DE 5-speed replaced her '99 Metro hatchback. You are right...mpg is about the same but the cars themselves are like night and day.

I tell people that these cars are like 'the nicest Metro ever' or 'the cheapest Prius ever'.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome Inuvik,,,,,,,,,,, from SeaTac,,,I love Your Sharp Black Jet!!!! And The Oregon Coast!!!! is Reallly Beautiful !!! The Great Pacific Northwest !!! My Bluejellybean will have to come down and meet!!! Lol did you get your Mirage at Gladstone or is that to far North? Or Medford ? I got mine at Gladstone Mitsubishi . Welcome and enjoy the Forum
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice black ES! Get used to getting incredible mpg!

I never owned a metro but I am happy to hear you had one before, great little cars they are! someone did the math with inflation and the mirage is priced the same as a geo metro even with 7 air bags and tons of features!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought it from Eugene Mitsubishi. They are technically the closest to me 120 miles away (Medford Mitsubishi is 170 miles). Super painless buying experience. Did it all over the phone and internet. I showed up, they had all the documentation ready to sign, I signed and was out of there within 20 minutes. Could have been 10 minutes but they spent 10 minutes showing me where the fuel door release was etc...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I bought it from Eugene Mitsubishi. They are technically the closest to me 120 miles away (Medford Mitsubishi is 170 miles). Super painless buying experience. Did it all over the phone and internet. I showed up, they had all the documentation ready to sign, I signed and was out of there within 20 minutes. Could have been 10 minutes but they spent 10 minutes showing me where the fuel door release was etc...
    In 64 years, I have never seen a vehicle purchase go so smoothly, typically 3-4 hours, AND THAT IS PAYING CASH FOR THE CAR.
    You would think the idiots would not need any credit check. I walked into the dealership with two certified BANK checks for $12.8k and the rest was cash. As with the op it took them longer to get the car ready than it did to complete the paperwork, total time 30 minutes.

edit: also they did NOT spray enough crap tire shine that when I got home it was all over the side of my brand new car

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    In 64 years, I have never seen a vehicle purchase go so smoothly, typically 3-4 hours, AND THAT IS PAYING CASH FOR THE CAR.
    You would think the idiots would not need any credit check. I walked into the dealership with two certified BANK checks for $12.8k and the rest was cash. As with the op it took them longer to get the car ready than it did to complete the paperwork, total time 30 minutes.

edit: also they did NOT spray enough crap tire shine that when I got home it was all over the side of my brand new car

regards
    mech
    Yeah it was incredibly no drama. I showed up a little early and the internet manager wasn't there. They sales guys just threw me the keys and said "go take it for a drive". Did a short 5 minute drive, came back and the internet manager arrived. Sat down, about 6 signatures later done. They already had the tank filled and the temp sticker on the back window when I arrived. I didn't haggle over price because there is very little margin on a car like the Mirage and I wasn't going to burn up a bunch of my time going back and forth for a lousy couple hundred dollars. With the $1250 rebate it dropped the price to far lower then I could ever negotiate so just went with the flow.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Inuvik,,,,, your buying ,,,, went almost just like mine! Two days before I was to go pick mine up I went to the closets dealer test drove a Stick . And that took 10 mins. After that I was Set I whanted the CVT. so I called the Dealership in Gladstone Oregon , and told him that I whanted a CVT ! And he said I have a Kiwi ,Black,Silver,white,Saphire Blue. I told him I would take the Blue. When I got down there my car was on the showroom floor . They pulled it out , put a tag in the back window , took the car for a test Drive and then signed the papers and we were off , for Seattle!!!! And I've Love the car ever since!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  90.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  94.6 KB
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome