View Poll Results: Did/do you own a Metro or other 3-cyl car?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup: a Metro (Sprint, Firefly, Swift etc.)

17 41.46%
  • Yup: another type of 3-cylinder car

9 21.95%
  • Nope: Mirage/Space Star is my first 3-pot.

17 41.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Geo Metro roll call: did you own a 3 cyl car before Mirage? (Suzuki, Smart, etc)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Geo Metro roll call: did you own a 3 cyl car before Mirage? (Suzuki, Smart, etc)

Name:  _1-1-mirage-metro2.jpg
Views: 4346
Size:  65.7 KB

I've noticed more than a few members mention they've owned Geo / Chevrolet Metros. (For those outside of Canada/US., these were Suzuki 998cc cars based on the Swift/Cultus from the 80's & 90's. Like the Mirage, many typical auto "enthusiasts" loved to hate these cars because they were low on power and high on fuel economy.)

I still drive one (pictured beside the Mirage loaner from Mitsu Canada): a base 1998 Pontiac Firefly 5-speed (Canadian market Metro clone). And I have a '91 convertible version (also 5-speed) parked in the garage awaiting some restoration work.

Name:  _1-1-mirage-metro.jpg
Views: 3033
Size:  57.3 KB

For a couple of years I also had a 2000 Honda Insight hybrid: advanced 1.0L 3-cyl engine coupled to a small electric motor/generator and 5-speed transmission.

So, did you come to the Mirage with 3-cylinder experience?

Post a pic if you did!

Name:  insight-front-3-4-500px.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  32.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-07-2016),UnderBridgeDweller (03-04-2019)