Thread: Test drove a '14 DE 5-speed, may buy a '15 ES 5-speed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Test drove a '14 DE 5-speed, may buy a '15 ES 5-speed.

I test drove a Starlight Silver 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed last year, and for the money I was quite impressed with the little car. Even with the 74hp engine, the 5-speed manual could easily scoot around although you certainly won't win any races with it. Compared to some cars that literally "can't get out of their own way" the Mirage held its own quite amicably. I currently have a 2009 Escape which gets 20mpg and is falling apart with the need arising for some repairs, so I think the time may have come to replace it. I am looking at a Thunder Gray 2015 Mirage ES 5-speed next Friday at Jim Shorkey Mitsubishi, and if we can get the numbers right it may come home with me. I want cruise and Bluetooth so the DE is out. I really like that it's an honest to goodness basic vehicle that has plenty of room (I am 6' 1" 250lbs and had no issues front or rear seat getting in and out or with room) and will be a frugal commuter car and to run solo errands. It can also fit two car seats for my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter but any family trips will be relegated to our 2015 Forester. The Mirage is what it is, a basic vehicle with a kick butt warranty, stupidly good fuel economy, and a good price point. If it follows me home, I'll be sure to post it up. I was into the tuner scene back in the early 2000s with my 2002 Hyundai Accent L and miss it, so I have some plans for the Mirage. Even though I am old (I'm 34) I don't care, the bug never left...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burghbeagle For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-01-2015),MetroMPG (07-06-2015)