Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Door Dings!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! My own dear old Dad sideswiped my nice, 17 year-old Firefly (Metro) this weekend. He has arrived at the "drive by feel" age.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let us know how you do that? I'm just parking farther away, and parking at a angel
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Metro,, sorry to hear that!!! can it be fixed?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey Buryl, I priced the color coordinated side moulding installed by the Mitsu dealer and they want $285.75 drive out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cchataway For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, Carl is that in Texas ? That would be worth it in the long run! To protect your paint. And if the Dealer does it, it will be covered under the warranty if it comes off etc! I'll ck in Oregon at the dealer where I bought my mirage , because theirs no sales tax. so it would be cheeper thanks Carl
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey buddy, yes that is a Texas dealer price and I asked about just buying the moulding and installing it myself and he said if I screw up the install I have to buy another set, if they do it everything is covered.

How are you and the boss doing? Same old stuff, different day down here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  91.7 KBCarl, that's what I like about the Dealer putting them on. Is they have to make it wright. And it's covered under the warranty .So if anything goes wrong they have to fix it. Because I ordered my window Deflectors from them and on the papers in the box said if the dealer installs them it's covered in the warraunty . But if I install it's not. So that's why I took it to them and had them put them on. So when I order the side molding I'm going to have them install them.
    hello from bluejellybean

Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Metro,, sorry to hear that!!! can it be fixed?
    Thanks.

I won't lie: I was a little disappointed, being the first "collision" damage on it in 17 years. But it's not bad, and most of the paint damage can be buffed out. I won't worry about the couple of small creases he put in the quarter panel -- there were more than a few door dings on the car before this happened.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know what you mean. And a car that old you whant to keep it dent free and in good condition ! Thier hard to find and they stand out. And I like that and I'm sure you do too send a picture so I can see?
    hello from bluejellybean

Black paint: hard to get a pic that shows it!*

(*Which also tells you the damage isn't too bad.)